• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tinted windshield on FSH?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Have any of you tinted your windshield on an FSH? If so, can I see some pics? With the limited shade from a Ttop, I’d think it might help keep the helm cooler, especially headed into the sun. I’ve seen acrylic tinted, so I know it’s possible.

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There's a couple products out there that will work and look "ok". Luxe would be my first choice if I was doing it. I use it to tint taillights and it works great. Madico makes a film called blister free which you could apply to your acrylic and then tint on top of that with a normal auto film. I would find someone who is very experienced with using Luxe and go that route

ThePlasticsGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you want to go a different route and just make a tinted acrylic windshield where the acrylic is tinted let me know. We make them and it is cleaner than trying to tint the clear. Just message me about it.

ThePlasticsGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On a 19 ft FSH it is roughly $300-$400. Center consoles vary depending on size and thickness. Some are half that cost and some are double (but they are the large fancy ones)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you drive/fish at night? Good pair of sunglasses might be cheaper. :cool:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Got the sunglasses, my thought is when the sun is low the tinted shield may provide some shade and keep helm temps a bit cooler.

ThePlasticsGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys in my boat club seam to like a really light tint. It helps deaden the strong reflection we get in California. My boat came with dark tint and we couldnt see through it day or night. It was totally useless. So i swapped it out with grey #2515 acrylic. It is the lightest grey available and makes it easy to see through in the dawn hours.
Again it comes down to personal preference. If $40 sunglasses do the trick there's no need to spend $400 on a windshield unless you really like the look and the cost doesn't matter.
A $400 windshield on a $3000 boat might not make as much sense as a $400 windshield on a $30,000 boat.