• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Today is a good day

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I live in this dilemma, like daily. I have 2 corvettes that sit in my garage begging to rip gears, but they don't get driven because they have no backseat. I sometimes say to myself "you should just get a 911, or maybe a camaro L1". Then I look at them in person and talk to my friends and reality sets in.

Yes, they have a backseat, technically. But you're not getting a kid back there without a fight. Then you're talking special carseats to get them back there. It turns a simple daycare drop off or pick up into an ordeal. My son is just over a year old and if he doesn't want to go in his carseat he can make it a pain with a big success door opening. It'll only get worse from.here too. So realistically, a 2 for is off the table for a few years for me.

I dunno if you and your wife are still thinking about kids, but if so, you may as well forget about a coupe. It's probably.doable up to 9 months, because you'll have them in a carseat carrier, but when they go into a stay in place carseat... forget it.
Yeah the kid hurdle is a tough one. Also my wife refuses to let me park the truck outside. (It is garage kept now). If for some reason we can't have a child, I am driving right up to the Porsche dealership lol. I tried to show her on the website configurator you can order a car seat specifically for it. I don't think it helped change her mind even 1%.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah the kid hurdle is a tough one. Also my wife refuses to let me park the truck outside. (It is garage kept now). If for some reason we can't have a child, I am driving right up to the Porsche dealership lol. I tried to show her on the website configurator you can order a car seat specifically for it. I don't think it helped change her mind even 1%.
A car seat for it won't help.until theyre big enough to climb in on their own... and happy to do it, lol.

Why won't she let you keep the truck outside? It's a truck...

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today is another pretty good day.

Chevy annou cedar the Tahoe RST Performance, basocally the looks of thr RST, the 6.2L, and then upgraded suspension and brakes as if it was an SS. Meaning it's 10 grand worth of gtubes and tvs2650 from. Being what the SS should be. And it's not particularly expensive vs a regular tahoe. Oh and the RST can finally get radar cruise.

I dunno if this is like, testing the waters for an lt4 tahoe ss, or a "thr bean counters said we can't make an SS so here's everything minus the supercharger" kinda deal. It's interesting, and a good day though.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
New retro 70 Chevells coming out in 24.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A car seat for it won't help.until theyre big enough to climb in on their own... and happy to do it, lol.

Why won't she let you keep the truck outside? It's a truck...
It's a luxury car with a bed lol thats why. 3 years in and it's in damn near perfect condition.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The first time I drove a stick was a 70 Cuda.
For me, probably was a 68 Firebird depending on your definition of drive lol. My dad used to let me shift the gears when I was 5/6 years old. Actually driving one was my bosses 2011 Cayman. He told me he had an alternator whine he could only hear at 6,000 RPMs.... so I had to go test lol.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a luxury car with a bed lol thats why. 3 years in and it's in damn near perfect condition.
Yeah but it's also a truck, lol.

I get it, when I had my f150 I parked it in the garage. My Colorado didn't get parked in the garage and.got used as a real truck WAY more, because I wasn't worried it get a scratch or something.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah but it's also a truck, lol.

I get it, when I had my f150 I parked it in the garage. My Colorado didn't get parked in the garage and.got used as a real truck WAY more, because I wasn't worried it get a scratch or something.
I really hate the "its just a truck" mind set. Maybe for a base model work truck, but the premium ones can be on par with high-end luxury vehicles. Seems like old-school thinking... it's a truck so it can get beat up. SUVs don't get the same treatment....it's just an Escalade so it doesn't matter if my kid sprays fruit punch all over the place.

I still use it as a truck, it tows two boats weekly. It's had tiles/pavers/wood/etc loaded up in the bed. It gets loaded up with tailgate gear every home Bucs home game. It's been in mud and sand. I just make sure to take care of it. Neighbor came over confused when I was cleaning the bed, wondering why I was vacuuming the bed a few weeks ago lol.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really hate the "its just a truck" mind set. Maybe for a base model work truck, but the premium ones can be on par with high-end luxury vehicles. Seems like old-school thinking... it's a truck so it can get beat up. SUVs don't get the same treatment....it's just an Escalade so it doesn't matter if my kid sprays fruit punch all over the place.

I still use it as a truck, it tows two boats weekly. It's had tiles/pavers/wood/etc loaded up in the bed. It gets loaded up with tailgate gear every home Bucs home game. It's been in mud and sand. I just make sure to take care of it. Neighbor came over confused when I was cleaning the bed, wondering why I was vacuuming the bed a few weeks ago lol.
Personally. I'll always prefer an suv to a truck. SUVs ride better, handle better, all that. You buy a truck for the bed to do work stuff. Tools get worn doing work, and since a truck is the tool version of an suv, it's expected for them.to get worn. Not taking care of your tools is bad practice, but you also can't sweat them getting worn in the line of work.

My f150 was like, 65k in 2015. I hated doing truck stuff with it because I didn't want it to get messed up because it was 65k. I shied away from truck stuff I would have otherwise done because I didn't want to mess it up. My Colorado was 10k, and I let.them.use a front loader to dump dirt and woodchips.into the bed and then use a shovel to get them out of the bed, lol.

But yeah, for me, a truck.should be a tool you're not worried about wearing. Otherwise, get an suv version.