• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Today is a good day

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Hellcat Durango is coming back for 2023. Praise the car gods..

Reading between the lines, the charger and challenger die after 2023, i'm hoping hellcat durango lives on for a few years still.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With all the pressure from the climate police, you will see these big engine vehicles dissappear.
All manufacturers have to get climate compliant very soon.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Hellcat Durango is coming back for 2023. Praise the car gods..

Reading between the lines, the charger and challenger die after 2023, i'm hoping hellcat durango lives on for a few years still.
I saw that across my feed at lunchtime. Thought about telling you, but decided to let you find on your own. It's better that way right :)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Stan M I hope your thumbs down on my post is about the situation and not my post. Because trust me i dont agree with the climate policies. I work in a oil filled business and with the country pushing e/v to replace or phase out gasoline combustion engines, it is pushing me into retirement faster. I am not built for more training and schooling so it will limit what i can make money on in the future.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With all the pressure from the climate police, you will see these big engine vehicles dissappear.
The climate police might be completely ousted from power next go around.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw that across my feed at lunchtime. Thought about telling you, but decided to let you find on your own. It's better that way right :)
Honestly, it was, lol.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@Stan M I hope your thumbs down on my post is about the situation and not my post. Because trust me i dont agree with the climate policies. I work in a oil filled business and with the country pushing e/v to replace or phase out gasoline combustion engines, it is pushing me into retirement faster. I am not built for more training and schooling so it will limit what i can make money on in the future.
Oh no... the thumbs down 👎 was definitely aimed towards the policy(ies)! I'm sorry you're one of the many casualties of this insanity!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Already saw the updated version of my car will supposedly drop from a V8 to a V6, not sure about the step-up model and if this will be across the entire product line, but not a fan

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our expedition is a 3.5 turbo 6, and it's fine... but I don't think it's really any more efficient than a v8 would have been on the highway. It's good around town because it stays out of boost and so it's just a slow v6 without boost. But on the highway, I think a v8 would likely do just as well in the real world.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our electrical grid couldn’t handle everyone having electric cars. I’m curious what their answer to that is.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
seriously thinking about it :cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our electrical grid couldn’t handle everyone having electric cars. I’m curious what their answer to that is.
Short answer........Grid is growing faster than adoption of EV's.........even if it was the other way around.......everyone isn't going to have a concerted plug in event. Similar issue to when household A/C came online right? Adoption was relatively slow, and under peak demand power generation asks residents to limit use for a discount.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Short answer........Grid is growing faster than adoption of EV's.........even if it was the other way around.......everyone isn't going to have a concerted plug in event. Similar issue to when household A/C came online right? Adoption was relatively slow, and under peak demand power generation asks residents to limit use for a discount.
I mean, there'd be several concerted plug in events per year based off holiday schedules.

While I agree that the grid is a limiting factor that can be resolved (and would be a way better use of tax payer money than tax credits to rich folks buying EVs), we also live in a world where some of the most "wealthy" states have rolling black and brown outs on the regular, and limited peak use is not a solution. When it's 100 degrees out and the power company cuts your AC because it was on earlier, you unenroll from that program really fast to appease the wife. BTDT.

That said, let's not desecrate this thread devoted to all that is good in the world with all thats bad. Hellcats good, nuff said.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Really curious to what Dodge is going to do for the finale of the Charger/Challenger. I really want to hold out for a 911 but it's easier to convince the wife of a Charger lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mean, there'd be several concerted plug in events per year based off holiday schedules.

While I agree that the grid is a limiting factor that can be resolved (and would be a way better use of tax payer money than tax credits to rich folks buying EVs), we also live in a world where some of the most "wealthy" states have rolling black and brown outs on the regular, and limited peak use is not a solution. When it's 100 degrees out and the power company cuts your AC because it was on earlier, you unenroll from that program really fast to appease the wife. BTDT.

That said, let's not desecrate this thread devoted to all that is good in the world with all thats bad. Hellcats good, nuff said.
Dodge has some signs up hear at the Dream Cruise about revealing something tomorrow during the event and some tents set up. Not sure what it is all about, or if it really means anything.

Home - Woodward Dream Cruise

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Really curious to what Dodge is going to do for the finale of the Charger/Challenger. I really want to hold out for a 911 but it's easier to convince the wife of a Charger lol.
I live in this dilemma, like daily. I have 2 corvettes that sit in my garage begging to rip gears, but they don't get driven because they have no backseat. I sometimes say to myself "you should just get a 911, or maybe a camaro L1". Then I look at them in person and talk to my friends and reality sets in.

Yes, they have a backseat, technically. But you're not getting a kid back there without a fight. Then you're talking special carseats to get them back there. It turns a simple daycare drop off or pick up into an ordeal. My son is just over a year old and if he doesn't want to go in his carseat he can make it a pain with a big success door opening. It'll only get worse from.here too. So realistically, a 2 for is off the table for a few years for me.

I dunno if you and your wife are still thinking about kids, but if so, you may as well forget about a coupe. It's probably.doable up to 9 months, because you'll have them in a carseat carrier, but when they go into a stay in place carseat... forget it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno if you and your wife are still thinking about kids, but if so, you may as well forget about a coupe.
You can fit a rear facing seat in there, just need a 4-door disguised as a coupe...... :D :D

1660936970158.png

That's a VERY pregnant wife test fitting a rear facing seat in our RX8. It worked, but just barely.

For the record we both regret selling that car :(

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can fit a rear facing seat in there, just need a 4-door disguised as a coupe...... :D :D

View attachment 186042

That's a VERY pregnant wife test fitting a rear facing seat in our RX8. It worked, but just barely.

For the record we both regret selling that car :(
That's fair, think of how cool of an LS swap build you'd have by now, lol.

Jokes aside, the rx8 was a really great design. If Porsche made something similar to that, like a stretched 911 with a set of smaller rear suicide doors, I would be down at the Porsche dealer begging them to take my money. A panamera doesn't do it for me, because then it's like... why not just get an suv or any other sedan?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's fair, think of how cool of an LS swap build you'd have by now, lol.

Jokes aside, the rx8 was a really great design. If Porsche made something similar to that, like a stretched 911 with a set of smaller rear suicide doors, I would be down at the Porsche dealer begging them to take my money. A panamera doesn't do it for me, because then it's like... why not just get an suv or any other sedan?
I would've put a turbo on it, and moved to a 13B-REW from the Renesis. That chassis is far too tight to saddle it down with a big V8, even if it is a lighter aluminum one.....Plus you just can't beat the smoothness of a rotary, weak apex seals and all.