• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SCARAB IS NOT MONITORING THIS FORUM AND JUMPING IN TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT TO SAVE THEIR FUTURE SCARAB LINE. THIS FORUM HAS MANY GREAT STORIES/PICS BUT THE UGLY ONES ARE TO BLACK OF AN EYE TO IGNOR AND CAN DEFINITELY HEAD READERS TO AN ALTERNATE BOAT MANUFACTURE. I WANT TO SEE YOUR LINE IN 5yrs !
WAKE UP SCARAB !
Stop yelling at me.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
"Big Shasta, post: 132617, member: 828"]Stop yelling at me.[/QUOTE]
SORRY ! DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO SENSITIVE!
being a jet boat owner I figured you were tough and could handle a lil aggressive forum banter.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your lawyer should not be filing any suit yet. It's not a lemon law case, it's a case of manufacture defect and the inability of the manufacturer to repair said vessel in a timely manner.

A demand letter ($300-500) will get the ball rolling. This letter will let Scarab know that you are serious and should start negotiations about what you deserve.

THIS^

send the letter. yes, you'll be out dough. but youll know immediately whether they'll take care of you or not.

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2 cents... It sounds like this issue could be under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The Act states that warrantor can remedy the consumer product within a reasonable time and without charge. Your repair time would be considered excessive and you have incurred damages by paying for a product you cannot use. Not to mention the dealer has already stated that the boat was not mfg properly.
I would have an attorney write a letter immediately and make sure you have all documentation, phone calls documented, emails, FB messages, etc stored in a file incase it is needed with the attorney's letter.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm at work, (couldn't use boat anyways) but weekend 12 and the update is it was an O2 sensor gone bad.

GreenAZ195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just bought a new '14 195 HOI - taking to lake on Saturday. This thread had me worried...

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I wouldn't worry too much. This is the second year with my 195 HOI and all and all its been a great boat. Most of the issues are dealer related anyways. Hopefully you have a good one.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ya hopefully. ...weekend 13 for me. I need a new instrument cluster. Awsome!

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So finally October 29th got the boat back. ( now I was away on vacation 12 days sailing) so I probably could have picked it up a week earlier. ...Anyways boat finally worked in the way it was always supposed to. Went out on intercoastal...no problems. JULY 24TH-October 29th.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So finally October 29th got the boat back. ( now I was away on vacation 12 days sailing) so I probably could have picked it up a week earlier. ...Anyways boat finally worked in the way it was always supposed to. Went out on intercoastal...no problems. JULY 24TH-October 29th.
That is great news, it's still a shame how long it took. Well, at least you get to use it now till April unlike us up north :cold:

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm glad you got your boat back but I'm blown away they had it for 3 months. Unacceptable.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just bought a new '14 195 HOI - taking to lake on Saturday. This thread had me worried...
So, how did your 195HOI run on your 1st day out and since then? We haven't heard anything from ya, Hope it was nothing but good times. Post some pics.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've run it twice. It ran fine. Just went out for lunch and boat drinks. I've been out west on my snowboard since on my days off so not much boating...a Burton product that has never done me wrong. Excellent craftmanship!
Thanks for asking.

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Papa Bear, interested to know how things have gone since your last post. Bought a Chap and first time out got an error code... O2 sensor...Hope I'm not in for what you went through.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had that too.
Been out 4 times in a row now...it's a record with no BS problems. So far so not broken

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Glad to hear that...wishing you the best.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You too...I'm really hoping both of our troubles are behind us with these things. Its ironic that the very thing that is purchased only for enjoyment brings the most headaches.