• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So just to give an update...week 11 of this ongoing problem. I got my boat back. I operated it for one hour. Check engine light came on. Boat didn't give full power. Limped back to Dock.
Boat back at Dealership
My question is...are we going on week 12 or does this start a new waiting cycle?

Anyone have recomendations.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My same recommendation stands. Start legal proceedings.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PapaBear wow.

no words really. IF it were me. I'd be exploring ways to distance myself from the boat. that is ridiculous. 11 weeks. probably still making payments, storage... insurance.

the anger sharks would be circling.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So just to give an update...week 11 of this ongoing problem. I got my boat back. I operated it for one hour. Check engine light came on. Boat didn't give full power. Limped back to Dock.
Boat back at Dealership
My question is...are we going on week 12 or does this start a new waiting cycle?

Anyone have recomendations.
With all due respect sir, CALL A LAWYER TODAY!!!!

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So from MarineMax...motor was not aligned properly from manufacturer. Caused everything down stream to wear, fail...whatever. I dropped boat off at 24hrs. Picked boat up with 29hrs??? I operated it one hour and I get this at "full throw" but obviously not full power.
So let's see if think tomorrow is 3 MONTHS that my brand new boat has been in the shop. Oh and my select switch has never worked. Not since it fell off ...super bummer

Attachments

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Has their been any discussion of a buyback from the manufacturer? Maybe get that done in writing before the lawyer. If it's not an option they are willing to at least work the numbers on (highly in your favor) then the lawyer is your only option and they should know that.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I wouldn't touch it again. I wouldn't hitch it to my truck again. I would start this conversation with the dealer/scarab. Damn hate to hear this. Hope scarab is following this thread, they have removed themselves from my shopping list!

Last edited:

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I hate being a Debby Downer but it's really kind of sad. If you look at my begining et posts I delt with the minor stuff in stride. I was very positive about the brand. I bought a new boat, who wouldn't be excited about that. First time owning a boat. I now somehow have 30 hrs on a boat I have not driven for no more than 10 days (on the water) since June 12th.
I was an aviation mechanic in college so I get things break. Even new stuff has defective parts. I get it. 11 weeks to fix something...this is a manufacturing error. Just fix it. Why do I have to be punished by taking my entire summer away. It's so nuts. Should have just traded me a new boat for a new boat lol
Like I said sorry...I just have no where to vent...well Scarab at Facebook. ...that's been entertaining.
So ya I made a appointment to speak with an attorney tomorrow. That's a whole other story finding one of those jeez what a mess.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
dont feel bad. ive read this thread, you have been patient.

get the lawyer to send a letter(yes this will cost you) if they still don't fix it, court time! get yourself out of the boat and get a new one.

thats also embarrassing, as an owner. people want to check out your new boat.... and you dont have one to show them? :(

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I can't believe a contact at Scarab is not informed of this nightmare! Some companies would have offered buy a back or a new trade for less problems. I think you need to get this info to the right person at the manufacture.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread alone has nearly 5000 views. I would guess around 1200 different people have read it.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This thread alone has nearly 5000 views. I would guess around 1200 different people have read it.
Time for a social media campaign? I'd write a letter, send an email, make a phone call on @PapaBear 's behalf. Maybe we need a private message with personal info so we can start buggin people, or at least asking questions...politely of course.

@PapaBear what if you created a form letter that we could all print out...or a petition we could just all sign. Lawyers can be a great tool but they cost money and take a LOT of time. (sometimes.) Let's put the OPs name on the minds of every executive at scarab until they resolve this.

Old School...Takin it to the streets....Signs, torches and pitchforks?...LOL

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So Florida does not have a lemon law. So there are not any lawyers willing to represent me because I would eventually have to get a Federal Lawyer. I do qualify for the Magnuson Moss Warrenty Act. The real kicker here now as I wait to hear back from this attorney is how much my retainer is. Just to have this guy write a nasty letter is probably going to cost me a couple boat payments. I'm still making those btw.
So now I did get a message thru Facebook that they will do something this week (Scarab) but I've heard that before. I pretty much asked them directly now to just take the boat back, or give me another one without all these problems.
I don't think it's unreasonable at this point.
If anyone has any other ideas before I drop some stupid money on an attorney I'm all ears...btw you can just PM me. Thanks.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@PapaBear ????????????????????????????

What in the world is communicating over a $ 35000.00 boat deal gone sour "communication" over FACEBOOK ?

"So now I did get a message thru Facebook that they will do something this week (Scarab) ..."

When are YOU gonna get serious and call the company continuously until
YOU speak, DIRECTLY, to someone in a position to insure your concerns are addressed ?

Gheeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzsh !

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I dont have a reddit account, but I would linking this thread all over reddit or hell, 4chan even.

Those guys can spam the link to this thread all over their facebook, faster than Scarab can delete them!

Also I found people that I'm 3rd connected to on LinkedIn that work for Rec Boat Holdings.

They also have a group on LinkedIn as well. I requested to join it. If they approve me I will post a link to this thread.

Last edited:

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have contacted them. Nobody had returned my phone calls from Saturday, Monday and today. Wrote an email yesterday to Scarab guy who's in charge of all of this. I can't make this up. It's nuts I totally agree with you @MickeyL .

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your lawyer should not be filing any suit yet. It's not a lemon law case, it's a case of manufacture defect and the inability of the manufacturer to repair said vessel in a timely manner.

A demand letter ($300-500) will get the ball rolling. This letter will let Scarab know that you are serious and should start negotiations about what you deserve.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If any of your local news stations have a consumer hotline, it might be worth a shot at free help. Companies hate being part of the 11'oclock news!

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SCARAB IS NOT MONITORING THIS FORUM AND JUMPING IN TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT TO SAVE THEIR FUTURE SCARAB LINE. THIS FORUM HAS MANY GREAT STORIES/PICS BUT THE UGLY ONES ARE TO BLACK OF AN EYE TO IGNOR AND CAN DEFINITELY HEAD READERS TO AN ALTERNATE BOAT MANUFACTURE. I WANT TO SEE YOUR LINE IN 5yrs !
WAKE UP SCARAB !