• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well. My Parents took the boat up to our cabin Sunday night. They go to drop it in he water today and notice, The pin on the wake tower is missing. My father is furious. It vibrated out. Thankfully the other side didn't vibrate out as well. The wake tower was something they addressed at the dealership while it was there recently. it needed to be adjusted. My father is looking is going to be looking for a lawyer soon. I think hes done, with it.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Absolutely! Enough is enough. They should have given a whole new boat....

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Its a bummer. because the boat is damn good looking and runs great when its not screwed up. I just cant imagine the amount of damage it would have done if both pins vibrated out, while crusing on the highway at 75mph.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Karl Clements -- I had the same problem - lost a pin and then had to check the bolts until I took it in-- a little loctite and were good to go- the tower was manufactured by monster tower. Part of my pre-tow now I just check to see If the tower bolts are secure

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I still have no boat...going on week six

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd be over it dude. They have pretty much wasted your whole summer. Get rid of that thing and get one you can enjoy. You shouldn't have to be nervous of what's next when you have a brand new boat car anything with theses kind of price tags on them. Even if they got it fixed now they have ruined your experience which should men something

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah, I think its time to go back to a tried and true boat. Our old Fourwinns Horizon 180 was a good boat maybe that's what we should look back into. I would like a maybe a used boat in the 20ft + area, so I can hit the bigger lakes.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still have no boat...going on week six
Not Scarab bashing as I would give the same advice to a Yamaha owner. Get your money back or get a brand new boat. This is unacceptable in every way. Call the corporate offices get something started now. Scarab is trashing their own reputation right here on the internet for all to read, surely there is a smart executive in the company who will oil your squeaky wheel quickly.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Me either, I know Scarab is well known for its bigger hulls. this just may not be their thing.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hmm did not know that. I seen a smaller Wellcraft/scarab last weekend on the lake. I wasn't sure. What sure exactly what it was.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm getting together with an attorney this week to prepare for my departure from this boat. Paper work must be in order. Im at 24 hrs, six weeks almost without a boat and have no confidence in this boat manufacture, warranty dept, or local marinemax.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry to hear it has gone this far....

Tom Thomson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello all!
@ScarabMike
@PapaBear

My 2014 195 HO Impulse is a lemon also. I purchased it new in may 2015. It was real slow and i got the whole "it will get fast after the break in period " i took it back to leaders marine in portage michigan to repair a broken snap and have them look at the low power situation. They said it was an electronic issue. To tell you the truth i really didn't care what it was I just wanted it to work. I had 4 wins growing up and they were amazing, but i was a kid what the heck did i know. I purchased a couple Sea-Doo XP's in the mid 90's and beat them to the point that i could not walk good for days after a hard run. Thats the reliability i thought I was buying. Plus the SCARAB name to boot...so anyways i got the boat back on the water and it was off the hook fun 41mph zoom zoom. . Well that only lasted one day and it was back to slow condition. Kinda like a turbo diesel without the turbo. Not only did i have a runability problem but when the wife opened the bow to get the cover out she found 2 large flat washers 2 large nuts, a type of lock washer, another small flat washer and a piece of wood with two holes drilled in it laying on top of the cover. So i stuck my head in for a look see and nothing seemed to make sense of the parts. I also seen that a few of the window hold down srews were missing washers and nuts. So i took a picture of the parts and emailed it to the service manager asking if he knew were these parts belong. No response so i sent it again a couple days later (we have comunicated via email before and i believe it was preferred ). And Still no response so i sent it to my salesman and he sent an email to his service manager and cc'd me. Still no response and its been 3 weeks or so. Well this weekend when we got to the lake we found out what the parts belong to. Our boat was politely banging the boat at the adjacent dock. The parts were ment to hold/retain the backside of the front cleat. The only thing holding on was glue and that apparently did not last long. We are silently the laughing stock of our seasonal campground. Our family has been there for 50+ years and most people are real nice but misery loves company you know. I did notice that before the first running repair and after the boat started running slow again, that the engine lopes or surges as we putt out to deeper water. There has never been any restrictions due to weeds or debris. I found a bunch more washers of different sizes in the cubby at under the rear bench today. I just left them there and i will take pictures and see what i can see tomorrow. The cover is leaving black stains on the boat also..is this some experimental crap going on as i just would not think that this would go on to a company with a powerhouse name. Also the drivers seat is broken in the middle of the flip up part. I thought it was just uncomfortable but i became a passenger and the other seat is not broken and sits good. There is a stress crack in front of the glove box. My in laws stay at another lake not far away snd a fella there is having the same run issues i am. The wake tower screw on th drivers side comes loose so i check them both often. I paid about 35k after uncle scam and this and that fee. I almost forgot, i spoke with scarab via Facebook and i told them about the found parts snd sent a picture. They wanted clarification of what they were looking at and what my question was. Now There is no way on earth clearer than..." i found these parts in this area of the boat, were might they belong"... but i replied my question again nicely and they would no longer reply. Can they fix this thing permanently or no?

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We have the same issue with cover bleeding through. Among other issues. My dad wants to keep it now. See if we can just keep ironing out the issues as they come. I think from reading all the posts on this site, Ill be going through the boat this winter, With some lock tight and a good overall and check up of everything. Did put another 2-3hrs on this weekend no issues running at all. On a glass lake she will hit 45mph. But were pushing 15hrs so I think theres nothing left we can do

Tom Thomson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
10-4 thanks for the update. I was wondering what the attorney might have to say. I really dont want to dump it either. The service manager called me today and he said they sold 6 and a few came back plus mine. I bet they all came back or will. I told him that its not personal but you are my contact to state my frustrations and that i would rather be singing his praises. So its going in next week.
Thanks
Tom

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello all!
Does anyone else find it very odd that RBH is using wood for a backing plate for the docking cleats?
@ScarabMike
@PapaBear

My 2014 195 HO Impulse is a lemon also. I purchased it new in may 2015. It was real slow and i got the whole "it will get fast after the break in period " i took it back to leaders marine in portage michigan to repair a broken snap and have them look at the low power situation. They said it was an electronic issue. To tell you the truth i really didn't care what it was I just wanted it to work. I had 4 wins growing up and they were amazing, but i was a kid what the heck did i know. I purchased a couple Sea-Doo XP's in the mid 90's and beat them to the point that i could not walk good for days after a hard run. Thats the reliability i thought I was buying. Plus the SCARAB name to boot...so anyways i got the boat back on the water and it was off the hook fun 41mph zoom zoom. . Well that only lasted one day and it was back to slow condition. Kinda like a turbo diesel without the turbo. Not only did i have a runability problem but when the wife opened the bow to get the cover out she found 2 large flat washers 2 large nuts, a type of lock washer, another small flat washer and a piece of wood with two holes drilled in it laying on top of the cover. So i stuck my head in for a look see and nothing seemed to make sense of the parts. I also seen that a few of the window hold down srews were missing washers and nuts. So i took a picture of the parts and emailed it to the service manager asking if he knew were these parts belong. No response so i sent it again a couple days later (we have comunicated via email before and i believe it was preferred ). And Still no response so i sent it to my salesman and he sent an email to his service manager and cc'd me. Still no response and its been 3 weeks or so. Well this weekend when we got to the lake we found out what the parts belong to. Our boat was politely banging the boat at the adjacent dock. The parts were ment to hold/retain the backside of the front cleat. The only thing holding on was glue and that apparently did not last long. We are silently the laughing stock of our seasonal campground. Our family has been there for 50+ years and most people are real nice but misery loves company you know. I did notice that before the first running repair and after the boat started running slow again, that the engine lopes or surges as we putt out to deeper water. There has never been any restrictions due to weeds or debris. I found a bunch more washers of different sizes in the cubby at under the rear bench today. I just left them there and i will take pictures and see what i can see tomorrow. The cover is leaving black stains on the boat also..is this some experimental crap going on as i just would not think that this would go on to a company with a powerhouse name. Also the drivers seat is broken in the middle of the flip up part. I thought it was just uncomfortable but i became a passenger and the other seat is not broken and sits good. There is a stress crack in front of the glove box. My in laws stay at another lake not far away snd a fella there is having the same run issues i am. The wake tower screw on th drivers side comes loose so i check them both often. I paid about 35k after uncle scam and this and that fee. I almost forgot, i spoke with scarab via Facebook and i told them about the found parts snd sent a picture. They wanted clarification of what they were looking at and what my question was. Now There is no way on earth clearer than..." i found these parts in this area of the boat, were might they belong"... but i replied my question again nicely and they would no longer reply. Can they fix this thing permanently or no?
Hello all!
@ScarabMike
@PapaBear

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a ways to go apparently before I can pursue officially parting ways here. That was the advice i got (freebie)...the other keep good records.
When it all comes down to it I just want a working product...THAT IS WHY I PURCHASED IT)...I also want to share my happenings because I am not alone.

Oh BTW weekend 7 no boat...wasn't like I really needed for labor day.

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PapaBear You probably have a ways to go before filing suit, but you can have your attorney send a demand letter, requesting that repairs be complete within X number of days or you will pursue further action. No company wants to deal with litigation and a well written letter from reputable lawyer can work wonders.