• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
A lot of good information being passed here. I was at Deer Point Lake this past Monday and we pulled the boat out of the water and I snapped the winch strap. I have had the boat and trailer for a little over a year. Really!?!?! Also, I didn't know that Scarab had a Facebook page. I will have to check on that...
I'm on my 2nd winch strap and this one is showing some signs of chaffing, very very poor/thin straps the trailer designing has chosen to use. Probably will just purchase a heavy duty aftermarket one myself.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A lot of good information being passed here. I was at Deer Point Lake this past Monday and we pulled the boat out of the water and I snapped the winch strap. I have had the boat and trailer for a little over a year. Really!?!?! Also, I didn't know that Scarab had a Facebook page. I will have to check on that..

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just got my new trailer on Friday. The old one is on its way to the scrap yard...20150913_112039.jpg

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So weekend 8 and still no boat. Just found out the drive shaft is broken too. I waited 8 weeks to find this out. How long do you think that part will take to get in??? I waited three weeks for the carbon ring.
Unreal...

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
When I was looking for my boat over the summer, I came across a 2014 195 HOI over in Georgia with like 25 hours on it for something like $29K. It was intriguing, but I couldn't find a dealer anywhere close to me (central Alabama) so I never even called. After reading this thread it makes me wonder if it was a problem child someone was looking to unload. :eek:

Last edited:

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is sweet...man that is one hell of a trailer. Ball park $???
$3200.. I had to make the adjustments to the bunks for a custom fit... We plan on heading to Jacksonville to meet up with @ScarabMike before winter. I hope he can help me with making some refined adjustments...

Last edited:

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone wanna take the over/under if I can make it to WEEKEND 10! without my brand new boat???

Mark me down as OVER

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone wanna take the over/under if I can make it to WEEKEND 10! without my brand new boat???

Mark me down as OVER
Just sounds crazy to here all the new parts are in for my new boat. Sure hope they are fixing these things and not just putting more bad new parts on. I have a truck that the injectors have gone out on 4 times and they just extended my warranty and install the same injectors just new ones about every 30000 miles

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, 10 weeks is a huge chunk of my season and all of the summer available too my son. This is just sad. Stories like this would keep me from ever buying a scarab jet boat.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just got my new trailer on Friday. The old one is on its way to the scrap yard...View attachment 29013
Nice Trailer....I would suggest adding some PVC flush pipes that hit the back of the brakes/hubs. You can flush the front through the holes in the rims but the back is hard to get to. Some piping/sprinkler nozzles and with a hose fitting/quick disconnect to hit the back of both sides would be easy to add with some flexible irrigation pipe. I wanted to do that to my aluminum trailer after replacing everything after about a year and a half. The builder used Kodiak parts but they were just cadmium plated and not stainless...the plating didn't hold up. Cost me 800 per axle for all stainless parts.

I also coated my galvanized axles with corrosionX HD every year. Looks like crap but holds up nice.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the info!!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, the old trailer went to the scrap yard yesterday. I took the wheels off and they grabbed with the big magnet. Good thing I bought the new trailer, the old one wouldn't have lasted much longer. @ScarabMike I will PM you about the tires....

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm so disappointed in you; (
You didn't get us any videos or pics...that would have been awsome!!!. @Slugger55

Last edited:

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@PapaBear it was pretty scary at that scrap yard.. I wasn't going to hang out for photos or videos...:nailbiting: LMAO!!!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh! I took the SCARAB lettering off the old trailer and I am going to put it on this new one... I will take pictures when I am done.