• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf You know what, that's true. The cavitation wouldn't be too bad, but there would be. Now I would also think that would allow water into the bilge. @luke anderson did your bilge ever turn on while you were out? Or did you smell or notice water leaking into the engine bay?

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The loose locking nut on the impeller allowed water to come into my bilge. I'm not convinced they have found the real problem..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The loose locking nut on the impeller allowed water to come into my bilge. I'm not convinced they have found the real problem..
I had one of those on a brand new $16k Sea-Doo! It sank! Dealers mechanic was negligent and got sued.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ScarabMike @Murf'n'surf I never had any issues of water coming in. They fully replaced the impeller, wear ring and other parts of the jet drive. I was promised a working boat by this weekend from the dealer and factory-- they seem to be serious about making it right....

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At this point make it right should be a completely new boat or a check for the purchase price. You've lost too much time.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@subysti -- that thought has crossed my mind multiple times.. I've even looked at buying something completely different but I really like the Scarab and just want it to work right

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So here I am at 24 hrs and I just got word that the supercharger aft has to come out of my boat. Apparently a sleeve , seal around the main shaft tore and in order to get to it parts have to come out. My bilge started pissing water at a high rate, check engine light:( That's when I made a 180 for the dock not even one day after my service. I asked for all of the old parts so that I can post on here for you all. Speaking of parts who knows when those are going to come in. It's all under warranty they say.
thankfully there is only one engine in my boat. I couldn't imagine having twice the problems with a 215
@subysti speaking of loosing time...I think after this weekend I'm at 5 weeks without a boat. Lucky for me I'm in Florida .

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PapaBear after 5 weeks cant you use some kind of lemon law and have them take it back? Florida or not you shouldn't spend that kind of money on something to have it sit in a shop all the time.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:wtf: Not another boat with issues... @PapaBear sorry to hear about your issue!

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm not to that point yet. Everything is covered under warranty. This might be a BRP issue and not a Scarab one. I will say for Scarab itself I have been waiting 5 weeks now for parts and that is absolute BS. If it wasn't for the warranty I would be going balistic. My attitude is " Just fix it" I live in Florida so I got all year to use my boat. Some of you guys up north I feel for.
Hate to be a DebyDowner here. To this point 24 hrs I had considered myself lucky reading this thread. I will update when I have more info for you guys.

Loulam19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Karl Clements The weather stripping for the center windshield is a warranty issue, I just had mine done last week. Also, if you have having an issue with water standing in your center locker, it is a design flaw with the 2014 195....
I sent my 2014 back to Scarab and the put a new 2015 deck and hull because of issues I had.

Loulam19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
:thumbsup:

@Karl Clements I think you should take some time to read the repository, and some of the threads here. Some of these issues have been discussed in detail. But I wouldn't call your boat a POS, or bad investment because of these small issues (except for the engine). Im still going through my boat's engine to try and find a hose that could have come off the exhaust without water intrusion. I need pics. Your issue might not be the exhaust at all. As far as intake, the filter might have fallen off. But that happens some time. Its a simple turn of a flat head on the base to fix. No biggie.

The water in the locker as Slugger says is a known issue. I have it as well. Im thinking of drilling another hole in the rear bottom, and placing a grommet, and screen to fix it. I dont want dirt from my ski's or fenders being sucked up by the bilge pump. That is a mod for the fall or winter.

When starting the boat, let the computer cycle, and reset. The gauges will sweep. When they are done, then start the boat. This will ensure you don't start in limp mode, or throw a code.

Weather stripping is an issue with any boat. They all come off, they all tear. Just take advantage of your warranty, and get it replaced. But its not hard to do it yourself.

Take time to know your boat. The Scarab isnt perfect by any means. There are people that have had boats replaced because of issues. Yours aren't that bad. Hang in there.

I apologize for being aggressive towards you in the beginning, but this community prides itself in helping each other. Most people come here for help, or info. But when someone joins, and their first post is as your was, it sends out some red flags.

Welcome to the community.
I had water in my locker that got boiling hot. My 2014 went back and they gave me a new 2015 deck (because of a hole inside on drivers side and spidering in the gel coat) and once they removed the deck they found flaws in my hull so they gave me a 2015 hull as well. Bonus because the 2015 comes with speakers on the back

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Got the boat back last night and have been on the water all day-- I can honestly say it feels like a totally different boat! I had no cavitation issues and we put it to the test. Even had 6 big adults on board and it pulled up boarders and surfers with ease! Impressed with how scarab took care of it and they gave me some free stuff as well. Lost some time this summer but overall pleased with the end result. Found out they a service bullitan will be coming out for certain serial number ranges.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok so the engine tech has confirmed that the engine was not installed correctly
. The alignment was off and now They are replacing the bellows, carbon rings and a crap ton of internal parts that have worn due to this. (Pics to come)

Last edited:

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm surprised they never noticed it when they water tested it at the factory.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a good point. The Carbon ring on the boats/pwc's will fail over time. Its a flawed design. When it fails, water will start leaking into the bilge area. Always check the shaft/bellows area when you are out and about. Just give it a check. The Seadoo PWCs will sink because of this, and you will never know.

Ok so the engine tech has confirmed that the engine was not installed correctly
. The alignment was off and now They are replacing the bellows, carbon rings and a crap ton of internal parts that have worn due to this. (Pics to come)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You shouldn't run the motor(s) out of the water for a long time either -- the heat build up in the carbon seal is no bueno.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I can promise you guys I have babied this boat. I have yet tow anyone, thing. I don't run it wide open longer than a a few seconds at anyone time. Don't jump waves kind of crap. Once again 24 hour total time on this boat.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@PapaBear -- I highly recommend you call Ralph at the factory. I can give you his #. I have had zero problems with the boat since I got it back! You should be able to run WOT and tow things and have fun-- these machines are made to PLAY!