• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Took a ride to Manhattan this evening

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took my SX190 from the Long Island Sound down via East River all the way to Manhattan. Turned back once I got down to about 25th street as I was worried my fuel is not going to last. (Turns out I didn't need to worry at all.)
Next time I will go all the way down to the Statue of liberty, a trip I have done a few times on my Waverunner.
It also happens to be "Manhattanhenge" tonight, meaning the sun sets right through cross streets, something which only occurs twice a year. I missed as I didn't want to drive home in total darkness...kinda wish I stayed.
Here is a quick video from my Gopro:

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's looks like a pretty fun trip.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, you can get an up close look at all kinds of bad on this single route :)
Hart Island which used to be a mental hospital a hundred years ago, now abandoned, creepy.
Rikers Island, an active prison on a barge.
Hell gate, where the two rivers meet, if you fall off the boat, chances are it will just suck you under forever.
East river, legend has it it's full of dead mob tied to rocks on the bottom.
Gowanus canal out of Brooklyn dumping a green substance into east river.
BUT BOATING IS FUN!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My son will love this!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! That water looks like it's going at least 10 knots. Is it really that fast or is it an illusion?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cool video @soundshark . Probably a trip I will never be able to take, so it's cool to see. Thanks

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool! I was one of the paint inspectors on the Hells Gate Bridge in 93-96 when they painted the span Hells Gate Purple.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm surprised there wasn't more traffic on the river...
That's the thing... I'm amazed at how underutilized the waterways are around New York. Especially when you consider the insane road traffic and overcrowded trains. I work in the city and would love to commute on a boat (mine wouldn't be practical, but I wish there was an affordable boat service along the route you just saw my video).