• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Took my LS2000 for the first time, couple questions

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I kept the oil injection system for my year of 2 stroke ownership. It reduces the amount of excess smoke at idle and low speed.

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Oh, the engines/compartment is very clean ... but, looks all original too. Thus wanting to change the oil lines (or convert now), plugs, possible wires, fuel lines, ... Oh, ordered a fuel/air separator from Group K too.

Attachments

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No need to convert. The pumps never fail. The lines do so replace them. It is a hassle pre mixing. Measuring oil, wondering how much gas in the tank etc.

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Couple of updates in the past week.

-I installed a new Sony headunit. Seems great though I'm not sure my 20 year old speakers are the greatest test. Updating them will probably come soon. The brown/orange wire I was asking about earlier seems to go to the original remote mounted by the driver's seat. View attachment 123758

-I installed a new horn as mine didn't work, that was super simple.
View attachment 123759

-I installed all new gauges except the speedo because it still works. The fuel gauge and sending unit were both bad. I was able to fix the sending unit by regluing the magnets to the float. I'm going to add a little warning light to the dash since this new fuel gauge doesn't have an oil light. I replaced both tachs. I also added water temp gauges for each engine with sending units right off the engine. I don't know if they will be super effective but it gives me a little piece of mind that I might catch a problem before it's too late.
View attachment 123761
View attachment 123760

I replaced my port side Forward/Reverse cable. It was pretty stiff when I got the boat. I thought it might work itself easier with some use but it was just getting worse and worse. I couldn't tell until I removed it but the stern end was pretty bad. Fortunately I was able to get a new one for less than $50 and replacing it was pretty easy. I disconnected the old cable at both ends then tape the new cable to the stern end of the old cable and was able to pull the old out through the shifter hole while pulling the new with it. There was just one zip tie behind the engine bulkhead that needed removed. That was accessible through the access hole so no reason to remove the cleanout cover. Shifts like butter now.
View attachment 123762

I also replace the passenger side hub. When I did my first water test 2 weeks ago the trailer barely made the hour drive to the lake. You try to look everything over but I missed that that hub was in bad shape. Fortunately we found a replacement hub at a nearby trailer supply store and were able to replace everything in the parking lot. When I got home I checked the other side and while it looked to be in much better shape, I'm guessing it's original and for $30 I'd much rather replace it now than have a problem later.
View attachment 123763

Tonight I'm going to get most if not all of my air/fuel separator system setup. Other than some tidying up that is about all I have left to do before I can hit the water.

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Couple of updates in the past week.

-I installed a new Sony headunit. Seems great though I'm not sure my 20 year old speakers are the greatest test. Updating them will probably come soon. The brown/orange wire I was asking about earlier seems to go to the original remote mounted by the driver's seat. View attachment 123758

-I installed a new horn as mine didn't work, that was super simple.
View attachment 123759

-I installed all new gauges except the speedo because it still works. The fuel gauge and sending unit were both bad. I was able to fix the sending unit by regluing the magnets to the float. I'm going to add a little warning light to the dash since this new fuel gauge doesn't have an oil light. I replaced both tachs. I also added water temp gauges for each engine with sending units right off the engine. I don't know if they will be super effective but it gives me a little piece of mind that I might catch a problem before it's too late.
View attachment 123761
View attachment 123760

I replaced my port side Forward/Reverse cable. It was pretty stiff when I got the boat. I thought it might work itself easier with some use but it was just getting worse and worse. I couldn't tell until I removed it but the stern end was pretty bad. Fortunately I was able to get a new one for less than $50 and replacing it was pretty easy. I disconnected the old cable at both ends then tape the new cable to the stern end of the old cable and was able to pull the old out through the shifter hole while pulling the new with it. There was just one zip tie behind the engine bulkhead that needed removed. That was accessible through the access hole so no reason to remove the cleanout cover. Shifts like butter now.
View attachment 123762

I also replace the passenger side hub. When I did my first water test 2 weeks ago the trailer barely made the hour drive to the lake. You try to look everything over but I missed that that hub was in bad shape. Fortunately we found a replacement hub at a nearby trailer supply store and were able to replace everything in the parking lot. When I got home I checked the other side and while it looked to be in much better shape, I'm guessing it's original and for $30 I'd much rather replace it now than have a problem later.
View attachment 123763

Tonight I'm going to get most if not all of my air/fuel separator system setup. Other than some tidying up that is about all I have left to do before I can hit the water.
I’m curious how your temp gauges ended up working on the Ls2000? I’m wondering if I should do the same.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m curious how your temp gauges ended up working on the Ls2000? I’m wondering if I should do the same.
I've sold the boat but they were useless. The gauges I had didn't read anything less than 100 degrees or so and the water coming out just isn't that hot. Gauges that read lower might help but I didn't want any gauges that didn't match.

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I've sold the boat but they were useless. The gauges I had didn't read anything less than 100 degrees or so and the water coming out just isn't that hot. Gauges that read lower might help but I didn't want any gauges that didn't match.
Thank a lot for the info. You’ve saved me time and money.

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I’ve deci
Here’s what I came up with for the seperators. I also added a #95 jet in the return line tees
Here’s what I came up with for the seperators. I also added a #95 jet in the return line tees
View attachment 121716
View attachment 121717
I’ve decided to go with this setup, pretty much exactly. How did you connect the return fuel lines? Did you run the fuel line from the mag end of carb rack to the top of catch can and plug off the return lines going back to the tank or did you tie them all together? I’d love any other pictures you might have of your setup.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2A8BF241-0875-40F8-BB0B-A4A28A52E1A9.jpeg
E37BDFA7-1649-4B9A-92C3-8778762E2B6E.jpeg

Last edited:

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Perfect thanks brother this is a huge help. I owe you one. I will feel better now protecting my new engine