• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Took the boat for a ride today...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg ...even got it wet, but never actually got it in the water:-/
Plan was to go launch out of Mexico Beach and hang out around St Joseph peninsula State Park area. It started raining as we left the house, started pouring by the time I got to MB. Ate lunch and decided to drive down to Port St Joe and Cape San Blas since I've never been down there before. It cleared up so I found a ramp and started to take the cover off and launch then I realized it was 3:30, so it wouldn't give much time to explore/hang out so we went back to MB and parked on the side of the road and played on the beach. While driving to MB I realized I had crossed the time zone so really it was 2:30 to me not 3:30...so I should have went boating anyway...
Oh well, it was fun and that's the most the boat has been towed in a year!

View attachment 9958 ...even got it wet, but never actually got it in the water:-/
Plan was to go launch out of Mexico Beach and hang out around St Joseph peninsula State Park area. It started raining as we left the house, started pouring by the time I got to MB. Ate lunch and decided to drive down to Port St Joe and Cape San Blas since I've never been down there before. It cleared up so I found a ramp and started to take the cover off and launch then I realized it was 3:30, so it wouldn't give much time to explore/hang out so we went back to MB and parked on the side of the road and played on the beach. While driving to MB I realized I had crossed the time zone so really it was 2:30 to me not 3:30...so I should have went boating anyway...
Oh well, it was fun and that's the most the boat has been towed in a year!

Bright side is you got to show it off and no hours tripped on the hour meter, that combo doesn't happen often together........hope it ended up at a bar as well anyways.....lol:winkingthumbsup"

Rain kept us off of the water all weekend as well.

We got chased off the lake late this afternoon by pop up thunderstorms. A beautiful day out otherwise. Drove through a brief rain shower coming home. Didn't get a drop at the house.

I opted the other way. Didn't even go up to the boat with the possibility of rain today. Turned out to be a good call as the thunder rolled in... but I got a lot done around the house.

Sorry for your rainout. There will be other days.

If guys in Florida are having trouble getting out, we're all in big s_it ;)

If guys in Florida are having trouble getting out, we're all in big s_it ;)
If I would have listened to myself, instead of the passenger seat, we would have spent several enjoying hours on the boat;-)

We fared a little better here in the north. Went to the beach at Nashawena Island which is located at the end of the Elizabeth Island chain on Quicks Hole. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4407943,-70.854346,1194m/data=!3m1!1e3 It's about a 50 minute boat ride at about 30 - 35 mph across Nantucket Sound and Vineyard Sound. Saw some interesting females on the beach.

Yes...These ladies were sunning themselves and enjoying the day. They even brought a few cow pies to share. Does anybody know the breed of these longhorn? I'm guessing they are an English or Irish breed but not sure.

20140810_124526.jpg 20140810_124526.jpg 20140810_124526.jpg 20140810_124550.jpg 20140810_125310 (1).jpg

you know how you tell the diff between English steer and Irish steer?? The accent silly.......lol

Reactions: Gym
Yep, don't think I'd ever even think about running across a cow on a beach!

Does anybody know the breed of these longhorn?
I don't know much about cows, but they look like red highland cattle to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_cattle

I didn't get to touch the boat at all this weekend. I should have gone out Sunday, but I listened to the weather people. They said rain on/off starting around lunch time...needless to say we didn't get any rain until after dinner! :mad: Ugh...

Yep, don't think I'd ever even think about running across a cow on a beach!
I've seen plenty of them. Unfortunately they are usually in two piece bikinis that are way too small for them. :)

Back