• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Top Speed 2020 AR195

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello all,
Just bought a 2020 Ar195 and I am only getting 45 mph according to the connect screen. I have the bimini top up, 25 lb and 10 lb anchor, second battery, my morning cover and floats and tubes and wakeboard and rack. two adults in the boat and full tank of gas. All the other normal gear too. does this speed seem correct? turning 7300, I think with the boat empty during first drive i believe I got 49. I recently had the impeller jammed with a stick and was hitting the throttle to try and get it to go before I realized it was jammed.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
People sitting in bow? That will drop you around 5mph. Other than that you dont seem too far off, weight affects speed significantly.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A bimini will create quite a bit of drag. I would repeat with the same scenario but with the bimini closed. You seem a little low to me. The 195 should be able to top 50 lightly loaded. My 192 would hit 49-50 lightly loaded. Also I would get the boat on the trailer, put the throttle in the forward position to lift the reverse gate, and inspect your impeller from the bottom and from the rear to see if you did any damage.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
48 was the best I ever got. 42-44 with people onboard. However, I was turning a higher RPM. You should be able to get ~7800. May look into doing a ribbon delete. Members have discussed it here for your year. Do a search.

:Welcome: to the forum!!! Share pics often (we love pics).

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is right around where my 2019 AR 195 is. I resealed the intake, did the ribbon delete. With the Maptune, I can hit 51. With stock, the fastest I ever hit is 48. The hotter outside the slower you will be. Heat Soak is still an issue slightly. Just my $0.02.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That is right around where my 2019 AR 195 is. I resealed the intake, did the ribbon delete. With the Maptune, I can hit 51. With stock, the fastest I ever hit is 48. The hotter outside the slower you will be. Heat Soak is still an issue slightly. Just my $0.02.
Sound right. I've heard some who get 51-52 when everything is perfect, no chop, no extra weight and low fuel. Seems like 49 with bimini open and some weight and a full tank, is just about right, especially if there hasn't been a ribbon delete.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2020 SX195, and the fastest I have had it so far was 45 as well, but I have also been loaded down with a full tank of gas and "at least" 4 people on board, and choppy conditions.

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
People sitting in bow? That will drop you around 5mph. Other than that you dont seem too far off, weight affects speed significantly.
People are not usually in the bow but will pay closer attention to that

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! Sounds like all is normal with the speed. I appreciate all the responses.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This also is not far off from my top speeds. I think with low fuel and no bimini I can hit 48 - 50.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2020 SX195, and the fastest I have had it so far was 45 as well, but I have also been loaded down with a full tank of gas and "at least" 4 people on board, and choppy conditions.
@jdbakerucf .....I have the identical boat (year, model and color).....but I didn't have a model serving Champagne. I going back to my dealer with that picture and demand equal treatment!!!!! :cool:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hello all,
Just bought a 2020 Ar195 and I am only getting 45 mph according to the connect screen. I have the bimini top up, 25 lb and 10 lb anchor, second battery, my morning cover and floats and tubes and wakeboard and rack. two adults in the boat and full tank of gas. All the other normal gear too. does this speed seem correct? turning 7300, I think with the boat empty during first drive i believe I got 49. I recently had the impeller jammed with a stick and was hitting the throttle to try and get it to go before I realized it was jammed.
@mcp9044 ....as usual lots of great answers on this forum! Also even identical boats may vary in top speed due to a number of factors like slight hull differences engine output. At the Mercury Mercruiser Plant when discussing engines (back when you could) you would be told that engines coming off the same production line - beside each other could have different HP ratings by 5% just due to different engine component tolerances. That said, with two people, normal gear and 1/2 tank or so of fuel on an 80 degree day that did not have 100% humidity you should "tickle" 50 MPH. Of course that honkin' wakeboard tower doesn't do you any speed favors! :cool:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
195s with 3-4 people, full tank, I Max at 48.
@Washedout .....that would be about right and VERY decent at that! A lot of guys have 50, 60 or 70 MPH boats until someone turns on the "tattletale" GPS APP on their phone - then ......oops. I find my Yamaha Connext MPH reading is right on at all major MPH points which is a lot better that pitot tube speedos of most I/O boats - Yamaha's paddlewheel design must be a good one! :cool:

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The 3 biggest factors that determine the top speed on a unmodified SX/AR195 are:

Outside air temperature and humidity
Elevation
Total weight and weight placement

For example:

A stock AR19 at sea level, when it’s 75 degrees outside, with 35% humidity, a half tank of fuel, and pilot and passenger is going to top out at about 52 mph. This scenario would be a trifecta of perfect conditions. If any or all of these conditions start to increase or rise, the performance will start to decrease.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The 3 biggest factors that determine the top speed on a unmodified SX/AR195 are: Outside air temperature and humidity
@Smitty78 .....few people realize how much humidity and temperature can alter an engine's horsepower. High temperature and humidity can easily reduce the horsepower of a marine engine by 20%. Of course altitude (less dense air) and weight are more obvious to most people. :cool:

dragon558

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello all,
you should get 7500 rpm at full throttle per factory spec