• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tow/Boat Protection

My buddy has something similar to that Towtector, he used it on the long drive up to Shasta.
I just put some heavy shrink wrap on the bow - several feet back and taped in place. I installed mud flaps on the tow vehicle to help prevent the rocks from kicking up. The trailer itself did get a bit of road rash on the underside near the tongue, but not too bad. :cool:

My buddy has something similar to that Towtector, he used it on the long drive up to Shasta.
I just put some heavy shrink wrap on the bow - several feet back and taped in place. I installed mud flaps on the tow vehicle to help prevent the rocks from kicking up. The trailer itself did get a bit of road rash on the underside near the tongue, but not too bad. :cool:
Shrink wrap is a good idea! Much cheaper than a $500 install/boat protector. If I had a 242 , this would be a different story.

I have the rock guard on my trailer... Offers lots of protection. Only issue I have right now is that the dealer mounted the rock guard behind the spare tire, this forces the top to be pushed in and when driving it flaps and hits the boat creating some abrasion marks on the hull. I'm going to be moving it so it's in front of the spare, which should eliminate this issue. Besides that I'm happy with it. Biggest reason I got it, is because I frequent gravel roads when hauling the boat, so basically needed.

Between those two things I would do the towtector. It is usable for more than just your boat. Most long haul camper trailer haulers have a requirement to have something similar to this for their drivers.

It may be more versatile for what you are hauling. But the rock guard I would venture offers a greater level of protection for the boat. Just depends on the terrain you are driving over and the level of protection you are seeking.

I use a product called Rock Tammers. They are a mud flap system that mounts to the draw bar on the trailer hitch. My primary reason for having it is when towing the boat, but I also use them when towing the camper.

@sx210owner has a guard attached to his rig. I am considering it, but my last boat never had an damage after 7 years of towing without one.

I like mine , I boat a lot on the river and the ramps here are gravel , and when you have good tires on your tow rig they tend to fling rocks !!!! And it help keep the boat clean from mud puddles :)

20150416_155925.jpg I use a mud flaps style setup as well. Works great. As you can see I went through some wet gravel on the way back from the big river last weekend and the boat was very clean!

www.magnummudflaps.com

I think they might be on sale right now.

Back