• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow rope in impeller

Rburk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
After freeing our tow rope from our impeller shaft I noticed damage to what appears to be a seal or a boot of some sort but I’m not sure. Anyone have an idea of what this part is called and or if indeed it is damaged? Scarab 165g with 150hp rotax. Thank you !

Attachments

• 28BFE132-73DD-4F02-AB57-887BDB9EF4F2.jpeg
    28BFE132-73DD-4F02-AB57-887BDB9EF4F2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • C73F32A6-8885-4960-89CC-C31D88AB05E6.jpeg
    C73F32A6-8885-4960-89CC-C31D88AB05E6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • FA32BD31-CACE-4C17-90FA-001033677081.jpeg
    FA32BD31-CACE-4C17-90FA-001033677081.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
Might be worth looking at the impellers themselves as well. Some pretty noticeable dings/knicks/dents there as well.

Are you meaning the blue part (which is the wear ring) or the black part on the other side of the impeller?

Also thought it was curious that they left the paper label on the impeller...

I’m meaning the black bushing/boot on the shaft directly behind the impeller. I’m taking it in to have it looked at on Thursday. I started it briefly and there’s a rattle noise.

After freeing our tow rope from our impeller shaft I noticed damage to what appears to be a seal or a boot of some sort but I’m not sure. Anyone have an idea of what this part is called and or if indeed it is damaged? Scarab 165g with 150hp rotax. Thank you !
I have the same story and issue. How did you get on with a fix?
I can run the boat engine on the trailer fine, but no power when floating free and trying to get going. Did you just replace the boot?
Thanks

Sorry to hear you had trouble. I’m not sure exactly what your experiencing. Please expound.

A brief explanation of what happened to us. We sucked a short tow line into the impeller(my son was wake surfing). We had to get towed in and onto the trailer. I cut the rope out and was concerned about the wear to the bushing on the prop shaft. I took it to a very reputable repairman(our dealer is horrible). He looked it over and told us it was(I can’t remember the name of the part, sorry) replaceable if he wanted us have it done, but if it was his he’d run it. Which we did. And have done for almost 30 hours or so without issue.

Okay, thanks. I have rough running and no power. I have been reading and think I may just have too much oil image.jpg

Back