• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towable Recommendations

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Need some recommendations for towables. I’m from the inner tube and knee board days...lol..What’s everyone towing these days for fun?

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right now I just have a big inner tube and everyone still likes that. In the past I have had the Super Mable, some three seaters which are fun. Even had the flying Wego for a while until they were banned and good thing they were I hurt a couple people with that thing. Good thing I didn't get sued. I think anything you can whip around and get some good speed with kids will enjoy. Don't do the big Hot Dog thing that people sit on top of. Looks like fun at the resorts but you can't whip them and since people sit in line with each other every fall results in someone crashing in to another and even if you aren't going fast it can hurt. Have fun!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So what you want to do is go find yourself a really nice towable. Buy it. Then slash it with a knife and throw it the f out. THEN, teach your kids how to wakeboard and surf. Because towables suck. :)

But seriously - save yourself the aggravation of storing, inflating, deflating, etc. tubes and crap like that. First month or so I allowed it for guests but now I tell people "want to do watersports? awesome! let me show you how to get up on the wake or surboard" Once they're up, they NEVER want to go back to getting spray in the face on a tube.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Right now I just have a big inner tube and everyone still likes that. In the past I have had the Super Mable, some three seaters which are fun. Even had the flying Wego for a while until they were banned and good thing they were I hurt a couple people with that thing. Good thing I didn't get sued. I think anything you can whip around and get some good speed with kids will enjoy. Don't do the big Hot Dog thing that people sit on top of. Looks like fun at the resorts but you can't whip them and since people sit in line with each other every fall results in someone crashing in to another and even if you aren't going fast it can hurt. Have fun!
Thanks! I’ve been looking at the Mable...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the 3 person Super Mable HD. Over inflate it a bit and they have a blast. The kids love it cause they can go with their mom or with 1 friend. It towes fine. I use 70' of rope with quick connect 4k airhead and the bungee extension. Everyone just raves about it and loves it................... EXCEPT ME. I have inflate and deflate it and deal with it.

BUT, the family is happy with it and they really enjoy it, so I take it. It fits in the ski locker just fine with room to spare.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have one like below that we got for our previous outboard boat. The shape is fun (hard to toss people) but with the jet boat you really get sprayed a lot being so close to the water if you go on your stomach.
1614298160595.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I like the viper..fun video..thanks for sharing

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anything Sportstuff or WOW you can't go wrong with quality and durability (I have the Poparazzi 3 person and Mable 4 person) don't cheap out...both over 6 years odl just take care of them. Both boys bring their friends and biggest thing they love all day long is they can ride together and all fall out together...priceless times. They both surf and board, but winner everytime with their friends is the towables..also the hot dog is a big hit. Neon Life Jackets if you can find them..big plus finding the kids after the fly off..lol

I installed a permanent inflator, but rarely gets used due to this #1 power tool on the boat.

Oh yea they are a pain and heavy, but that's what we do for our kids..Happy Boating!

F2516B49-A4CE-49A9-803D-89B1226A780F.jpeg945CBDC1-FD9C-40DC-A1CE-46A8A2F2EA99.jpeg3B567C36-C40A-48FE-8C95-1F017CC2147F_1_201_a.jpegDD3EA586-E351-4E0A-9EBE-F270B87F37CC.jpegD357D133-1FAB-4709-895A-79B3AE97FB97.jpeg8E1019C5-7B6E-4103-811D-752B42E096E7.jpeg1B1FEB73-4676-438B-9135-EFFC09D4D416.jpegBDA5E8A3-78C7-438A-A668-10BD5B38F6CC.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only need a two person inflatable. I got the blue Yamaha one with the boat that is a “sit on” (similar to AZMark’s) and we bought a “sit in” one from Dick’s last year (similar to OCMD’s). I think both Dick’s and Cabela’s/Bass Pro are good places to look aside from mail order or boat stores.

Importantly, follow @InmyElements advice on inflation. You need a high volume pump to get it filled and high pressure to “top it off”. That means an inexpensive electric pump will need to be complimented by a hand pump or buy a more expensive electric pump that can do both.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hate.....I mean HATE inflating, deflating, storing, and dealing with the tube. I work REALLY REALLY hard to not let the family see that on the water. THEY really really really enjoy the tube.

We have a 2 person "upright" from Bass Pro. Looks like this, but is a different color. The 2yr old can ride with Mom with it in "couch mode" then the 9yr old can get slung around with it in "chariot mode". They really enjoy the time on it, so I endure. Once at anchor it's an island to send the kids to in order to keep the screaming and such to a dull roar on the boat itself.

Wakeskate is where it's at for non-inflated watersports IMO. :D :D

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I hate.....I mean HATE inflating, deflating, storing, and dealing with the tube. I work REALLY REALLY hard to not let the family see that on the water. THEY really really really enjoy the tube.

We have a 2 person "upright" from Bass Pro. Looks like this, but is a different color. The 2yr old can ride with Mom with it in "couch mode" then the 9yr old can get slung around with it in "chariot mode". They really enjoy the time on it, so I endure. Once at anchor it's an island to send the kids to in order to keep the screaming and such to a dull roar on the boat itself.

Wakeskate is where it's at for non-inflated watersports IMO. :D :D
Can you put a wakeskate on a standard wakeboard rack?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you put a wakeskate on a standard wakeboard rack?
Yeap. They're typically a little smaller in overall size, and maybe just a shade thicker depending on the model. Should fit without an issue. They're usually pretty cheap as well.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeap. They're typically a little smaller in overall size, and maybe just a shade thicker depending on the model. Should fit without an issue. They're usually pretty cheap as well.
Sweet - I was thinking of picking one up to mess around with

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
O'Brien Apex 3 and Zup Rise board.

The Apex 3 is a kids favorite - we have had kids change their minds about going out when they realized it was an Apex-less day. Inflated correctly, it has a wide range from easy cruising to thrilling based on riders' preference. When not towing, it is a nightmare to deal with.

The Zup Rise board is very fun for a single rider, very easy to inflate, deflate and store on a small boat. Two thumbs up for fun to ease of use ratio.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to @swatski we have the Mable 3 person and it's HUGE!!!! Having only 2 kids the only time we take it with & use is if they have friends with us otherwise we have the same thing in the 2 person model that's more manageable. If one of the kids only wants to tube we also have just a regular round tube that my son is starting to finally get used to. I am like @2kwik4u where I hate to inflate/deflate and stow these beasts but if it's what the kids want and they have fun I'm going to make it happen. The worst is when the kids tube for 5 minutes and then say their done.
We also normally have a kneeboard, 2 wakeboards and a set of ski's on the boat for whatever the adults feel like doing for the day.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use two and three person towables like those mentioned above, I also carry a few single person towables that I will tow at the same time so the kids can have bumper car types battles, its gets hilarious to watch quite often. Its really fun to put a really experienced water skier or wakeboarder out with a tuber, too.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
installed a permanent inflator, but rarely gets used due to this #1 power tool on the boat.

Does this inflator appropriately top off your inflatables, or do you have to leverage something else to ensure the proper fill?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use two and three person towables like those mentioned above, I also carry a few single person towables that I will tow at the same time so the kids can have bumper car types battles, its gets hilarious to watch quite often. Its really fun to put a really experienced water skier or wakeboarder out with a tuber, too.
I've been wanting to try this for awhile. Thought was to shorten the tube rope just a shade and put a photographer/videographer on the tube :D

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our kids never wanted the sit down type. We've had almost every brand and type over the years. I would recommend the super screamer or ultra screamer by Obrien. I also HATE dealing with tube. What we've done the past 2 years is get an inflator/deflator and keep it stored in the front storage compartment when not in use, and deflate and store when we go to party cove and anchor. It's not that bad. Tight fit with big tube for us.