• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower lowering/raising ideas!

TXtraumaRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
For those that boat alone, or for whatever reason don't have a helping hand when lowering/raising your tower, what do you do/use?
I used to do the jetboat owners acrobatics and hold with one hand, lean the opposite direction and counter with my weight, prop a leg up on the ledge, and unscrew with my other hand. But with the addition of the Bimini top, my very heavy JBL Tower speakers, and soon to be light bar, this is no longer an option.
The only thing I have come up with is using 2x4's. I use a 30" 2x4 on the deck to protect the mats, then use a 75.5" 2x4 wedged in place to support it while I unscrew the mounts. This has made it tremendously easier to do. Anyone have any other ideas? Pics?

20220328_191343.jpg
20220328_191325.jpg
20220328_193838.jpg

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I have. Super easy to use. Not sure if you can buy singles of the product. I’m in construction so I bought a 4 pack of them. Really handy for a lot of things. They’re normally used for closing off an area for demo work to control dust. I also use them for making a room to spray finishes on projects.
FastCap 3rd Hand Support System 57-to-144-Inches, 2-pack #3HAND5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000067S12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1J255CRF1BMNJ0ENPCC0

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that boat alone, or for whatever reason don't have a helping hand when lowering/raising your tower, what do you do/use?
I used to do the jetboat owners acrobatics and hold with one hand, lean the opposite direction and counter with my weight, prop a leg up on the ledge, and unscrew with my other hand. But with the addition of the Bimini top, my very heavy JBL Tower speakers, and soon to be light bar, this is no longer an option.
The only thing I have come up with is using 2x4's. I use a 30" 2x4 on the deck to protect the mats, then use a 75.5" 2x4 wedged in place to support it while I unscrew the mounts. This has made it tremendously easier to do. Anyone have any other ideas? Pics?

This is great man, thanks! I am in the process of buying a new boat with a tower, and was just thinking how I would lower it myself. Unfortunately I am going to have to lower it each time I come into my dock/before I lift the boat out of the water since my clearance is limited the way the dock wood supports are installed.

View attachment 174524
View attachment 174525
View attachment 174526
Cheap at harbor freight

Thanks for the link! This should work for me as long as it goes up high enough.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I made mine out of PVC. I have a bigger one but couldn't find a pick of it. I have a few different lengths that I need to use it for. I keep it in the boat because I can turn the pvc elbows around and use it as a hook. I've picked up many items that have blown out of the boat with it. One thing I haven't gotten around to doing is making an attachment for a paddle.

20130622_223924.jpg

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For lack of any better options nearby I use my telescoping boat hook. It’s not super steady but I don’t lower the tower much and it works!

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been using a 15’ ratchet strap. I rig it from rear tower bar at tow spot, then to the stern grab handle. Make sure the ratchet end is up near the top of the tower, lift up into place, tighten ratchet. Then it’s hands free supported by itself. Lastly, I screw down the tower anchor points. Simple, and easy to store. Stowage or dropping is the reverse.