• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speaker Cover Suggestions

Wyoboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What are you using for tower speaker covers? I was thinking about making my own with basic water resistant canvas, either with a zipper or just some Velcro. I just want to keep the sun off of them during summer outdoor storage. I will remove them for winter storage. Not going to take them on/off each weekend.

Found Speakersox.com, anyone order from them? This might be the compromise from ordering the high priced Wet Sounds brand covers.

I'm all for spending money on a good quality product but if I can save a buck to just build it/fix it myself I will always go that route.

Also, couldn't find the specifics on the speakers that came with the boat.
2018 242 X e-series - There are the two tower speakers and the sound bar. Anyone know what model of wet sounds speakers are standard?

Thanks for any info. Sorry if this is a duplicate post, did a search and didn't find anything on this topic.

I think you have WS650 on the tower in cans and a westsounds core 10 sound bar. I would love to have a cover for the core 10 but haven't found one yet.

I would be worried about trapping moisture inside.

Wetsounds makes “Sox” for their tower speakers. I have had them for years.
I would think they are pretty universal and made out of what appears to be wetsuit material

I have the speaker suitz for my rev 10's They are great but a little pricey. I would definitely buy one for my sound bar if they made one.

20180309_151637.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I just need to spend a little dough. Mainly worried about sun rot while the boat sits during the week.

Back