• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speakers

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What do you guys have and what amp? Thinking 6.5 JL’s. Want to keep it to a reasonable upgrade. Also I want to be able to swivel these so when at the sand bar I can face the speakers forward (any input on the mounting swivels as well). Thanks in advance for the recommendations/advice.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have the JL 8.8s and they're loud AF, really nice speakers. Any JLs are going to be great speakers. No idea on the swivel mounts though, sorry.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm running wetsounds Rev10s with syndx6 amp pushing them. 300 watts rms each. You won't find any setup louder unless their running 4 rev10 🤣. They do have the swivel mounts and quick release so I can take speakers off for storage. Super simple to swivel, and disconnect

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Let me know if you try the 6.5 JL's. I would love the bigger cans but I'm already concerned about hitting my head under the 19 tower with the 6.5's. I'm considering the Wet Sounds Stealth 10 soundbar for this reason since it has a low profile. Although it doesn't swivel so that's not helpful for your intentions.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How's your head clearance with the wetsounds 6" ?

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How's your head clearance with the wetsounds 6" ?
I'm 6' Tall and my head hits them. I do have them placed over the seats although there is a limit to how far out they can go without interfering with the folding tower. So if I walk down the center there is no problem. If I'm leaning to one side or the other I may bump my head.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm running wetsounds Rev10s with syndx6 amp pushing them. 300 watts rms each. You won't find any setup louder unless their running 4 rev10 🤣. They do have the swivel mounts and quick release so I can take speakers off for storage. Super simple to swivel, and disconnect

Hey I was looking at the syndx6. Channels 1/2 and 3/4 are 250 watts @ 4ohm bridged am I reading that correct? Channel 5/6 is 300w @ 4ohm bridged. How did you hook them up? Either way that sounds plenty loud!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey I was looking at the syndx6. Channels 1/2 and 3/4 are 250 watts @ 4ohm bridged am I reading that correct? Channel 5/6 is 300w @ 4ohm bridged. How did you hook them up? Either way that sounds plenty loud!
The syndx6 is 400x2 @4ohm mono. Basically.... Bridge 1&2 to one Rev and 3&4 to the other.
Screenshot_20200707-152235_Chrome.jpg

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The syndx6 is 400x2 @4ohm mono. Basically.... Bridge 1&2 to one Rev and 3&4 to the other.
View attachment 125244
Oh so are you only feeding in a mono connection from your head unit? Or does it default to mono because you bridge the output? I guess it wouldn't really make that much of a difference on a boat...

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh so are you only feeding in a mono connection from your head unit? Or does it default to mono because you bridge the output? I guess it wouldn't really make that much of a difference on a boat...
From the head unit is only rca cables. My towers are on zone 2 from rca. Cabin and sub are on zone 1 from head unit. It's mono because the channels are bridged. It's the way wetsounds sets up their amps

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
If you have good tower speakers and an amp, is there a need for a sub-woofer or it is personal preference

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you have good tower speakers and an amp, is there a need for a sub-woofer or it is personal preference
That's a no-brainer to me - HELL YES there's a need. Completely different experience with and without proper bass (and no, I don't listen only to rap/dance/electronica). That said, you should absolutely build your audio in stages....buy good speakers, amplify them properly, then when funds allow it, buy the sub and amplify it properly. Doing it step-wise allows you to appreciate the differences and allows you to avoid replacing parts because you didn't do it "right" the first time.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want lows yes. Towers are typically for higher mid range and highs. So you won't gain low end sound with those.