• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower tow point removal

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the 2014 212x tower tow point can be removed? And if so how?
I just wanted to ask before I started torquing on it. I have a clearance issue that being able to take the tow point on and off would fix.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You're not going to remove it - it is welded on!

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bummer. Thanks. Well that is what I needed to know. I was hoping that because it is plain aluminum and the tower is painted it was just screwed on.
Now I need to figure out how to replace the side tower braces with some sort of knee that bends and drops the tower a few inches.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our AR came with brackets where you can remove the back legs and replace with the brackets...it gives you about 2-3 feet of additional clearance. But for me, instead of using the lower brackets, I just lay a 2x4 across the cross bars and lay the tower on it. It makes it easier and quicker for storage. I believe the extra brackets are used for towing with the tower down.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe add some automatic ballast to your boat - this would drop it down in the water AND bring out a nice wake for surfing! Or are we talking clearance on a trailer/lift?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your 212x should have come with 2 legs designed to lower your tower. You have to unscrew the knobs to remove the center side pieces of your tower and replace with these shorter legs.
I did it once and it was a pain in the ass. I wouldn't want to do it everytime I went out.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My issue is bridge clearance on the water. I currently have to unbolt the side supports which is a pain and my wife can't do.
I don't think I got the shorter legs. I will have to look. I remember seeing something about that in the owners manual.
What I need is either an easy way to remove the tow point, which is not going to happen, or an easy way to raise and lower the tower a few inches. That is why I was thinking of replacing the side supports with a 3 point hydraulic or screw knee.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is ballast an option?

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ballast is not legal on our lake. ...Well I could happen to have a very heavy tool box or a heavy cooler in the boat.