• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower worth it?

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unless you have a bridge clearance or storage height issue, definitely opt for the tower.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with most of the posters. My last boat did not have a tower. My cost compromise was to go the AR series and keep the tower and I haven't regretted it for a second. Like others have said, we use it for other things as well like hanging fenders, I attach fishing rod holders to it when I'm fishing, and I definitely prefer it for bimini location when it's not deployed. It is really up to how you will use the boat though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I waffled back and forth when I was boat shopping but ultimately chose the tower. I love it and have no regrets! We use it for everything from hanging wet towels, places to tie off fenders, sturdy place to grab when moving around, bimini stows away nicely and provides nice shade coverage when deployed, surf tow point, looks cool and as others mentioned it gives you mounting options for speakers and lights. Regarding resale it's not really about being able to get a 'return on the tower investment' but more about being able to provide an attractive incentive when putting the boat up for sale which can potentially lead to faster sales. If there was one thing I wished for the tower was that it was counter-weighted or gas strut assisted so you could let it down slowly but I understand the towers Yamaha uses are not of high end quality like found on wake boats so sacrifices have to be made to keep costs down.