• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

towing question

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... I hooked her on and drove off the dealer's lot yesterday for the first time... Dealer is close to the highway so that part was easy.
The Volvo XC 70 was working to pull the load off a stop, but once i was rolling everything seemed to be fine... There were very few uphill grades on my 100 mile highway jaunt.. again the Volvo was working but not having difficulty from what I could tell...
My only "issue" was the trailer swaggered periodically.. not sure how that was created, but it pulled the tow vehicle back and forth a little... It was a miner sway, but still there... I never thought I would lose control. Volvo XC70 tongue weight supposed to be 146 lbs... i'm sure I have exceeded that which makes me think my tongue weight is too high...

My Hopkins plug in 4 to 5 pin adapter worked brilliantly for the surge breaks and lighting.