• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TR-1 Max RPM's

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey there, new jet boat owner here. Recently purchased a 2019 FSH 210 Sport. For people with the same motor, what rpm's are you seeing at WOT? I'm having issues with throttles syncing. I have tried the cable adjustment in the engine compartment and didn't help. One runs at approx. 7300 rpm and the other at 8200 rpm at WOT. I'm hearing they should max out at 8k. To run a straight line, I've got to back the faster motor down to match the slower, but now the throttles are 3" apart at the same rpm. The engine report print outs don't match what I'm seeing on rpm gauges.
Thanks

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Seems like most are around 7800, I can’t personally tell you what mine does since I live in the shittiest climate imaginable and haven’t gotten to actually use my boat yet. If you couldn’t tell I’m a little bit salty about that....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey there, new jet boat owner here. Recently purchased a 2019 FSH 210 Sport. For people with the same motor, what rpm's are you seeing at WOT? I'm having issues with throttles syncing. I have tried the cable adjustment in the engine compartment and didn't help. One runs at approx. 7300 rpm and the other at 8200 rpm at WOT. I'm hearing they should max out at 8k. To run a straight line, I've got to back the faster motor down to match the slower, but now the throttles are 3" apart at the same rpm. The engine report print outs don't match what I'm seeing on rpm gauges.
Thanks
That could be a lot of things. I do not know the first thing about TR-1s, but I do know a few things about Yamaha pumps. I believe the impellers in your boat are the same pitch (both sides). The pump loading in those boats is not even, and factory impellers can be really out of wack as far as their "progressive pitch". Is the Port side spinning faster? That would be expected, albeit not to the extent you are seeing.
Knowing what I know, I would pull the pumps and switch the impellers (with shafts, no need to take the impellers off of the shafts) - it's actually very simple procedure (for example, fly-boarders do it all the time - pull jet ski pumps on a beach!). If you continue to have the same difference after impeller swap you could rule out impeller pitch issues, damage. And cavitation due to missing sealant, wear ring corrosion/seizure, could be also evaluated.

So, if that was the case you could focus on engine/fuel/ECU, all the good stuff - I'll be listening and watching as others chime in.

--

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat is at the dealer for the 100 hour service right now I will ask them about that I have the same problem. The starboard engine runs at 8000 RPMs the other one at about 7300-7400 and I have to back it way down for it to match. They both are used to run at 8200 rpm’s till the 10 hour service then they have been a little screwy ever since then I don’t know if it’s something they do with the computer or not. It seems like the starboard engine is running above 8000 RPMs because it takes a bit of throttle to get it to move below.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get 7800-7900 on both, usually match pretty well, have you checked the throttle cables...that's an easy adjustment if one is looser or tighter than the other

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have and adjusted. The pros have it now. I really don’t mind fixing stuff but theoretically it’s covered on the warranty.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Dealer will probably figure it out, but did you check the air filters, spark plugs, and oil level?

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have had mine for two weeks and put about 8 hours on it. WOT I get 7800

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nope did not check anything except the oil to make sure it was full. And cables.
I also told them about my throttles not holding in the 3 to 4000 RPM range.
There problem till the YES warranty is up.
I put so much into getting my boat to the Keys and getting there to use it this winter I was not wasting time fixing it unless it would have caused damage to the boat. I got up each morning at the bottom photo, and went to a place like the top photo.
5B24F132-1FC5-42E7-8850-05AF53A5650A.jpeg0DDC92D3-5A52-4D88-B167-42D1ADEBE2BC.jpeg

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nope did not check anything except the oil to make sure it was full. And cables.
I also told them about my throttles not holding in the 3 to 4000 RPM range.
There problem till the YES warranty is up.
I put so much into getting my boat to the Keys and getting there to use it this winter I was not wasting time fixing it unless it would have caused damage to the boat. I got up each morning at the bottom photo, and went to a place like the top photo.
View attachment 93116View attachment 93115
I have noticed that my throttles in 3500 to 4000 range slip and I have to hold one of the throttles. I was just going to tighten the one that slips.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have noticed that my throttles in 3500 to 4000 range slip and I have to hold one of the throttles. I was just going to tighten the one that slips.
I figured it’s going into the dealer I’ll let them do it. If I mess up a screw or something like that then ask them to do it under warranty I don’t want them telling me I screwed it up and I caused the problem. I held that throttle all the time it was low rpm’s for the last 90 hours I just figured it was really safe boating that’s where you’re supposed to be when you drive a boat anyway. But it is totally and completely annoying.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I get 7800-7900 on both, usually match pretty well, have you checked the throttle cables...that's an easy adjustment if one is looser or tighter than the other
Yes, I checked the cables in the engine compartment and adjusted one of them so they hit the stops identically. Then the dealer loosen the faster engine throttle to reduce the WOT speed, as it now has slack in it at neutral position.

Is there another cable adjustment at the helm location? I haven't look into that.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer will probably figure it out, but did you check the air filters, spark plugs, and oil level?
When I purchased the boat new, it had 1.4 hours on it and would have thought the dealer would have checked these items. It now has 14 hours and I've changed the oil and filter, oil level is good. I'll check the air filters and spark plugs.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I purchased the boat new, it had 1.4 hours on it and would have thought the dealer would have checked these items. It now has 14 hours and I've changed the oil and filter, oil level is good. I'll check the air filters and spark plugs.
Also, I've taken it to dealer, who like a majority of them, offered little to no help. They told me they contact Yamaha about the issue and Yamaha said it was normal. They claim a 500 rpm difference between motors is within their specifications. My issue is more than 500 rpm. I've reached out to Yamaha myself and waiting for a response.

Here's my throttle positions at WOT with the port engine throttled back to match the starboard RPM's
20190420_163210503_iOS[2305843009217978066].jpg

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That could be a lot of things. I do not know the first thing about TR-1s, but I do know a few things about Yamaha pumps. I believe the impellers in your boat are the same pitch (both sides). The pump loading in those boats is not even, and factory impellers can be really out of wack as far as their "progressive pitch". Is the Port side spinning faster? That would be expected, albeit not to the extent you are seeing.
Knowing what I know, I would pull the pumps and switch the impellers (with shafts, no need to take the impellers off of the shafts) - it's actually very simple procedure (for example, fly-boarders do it all the time - pull jet ski pumps on a beach!). If you continue to have the same difference after impeller swap you could rule out impeller pitch issues, damage. And cavitation due to missing sealant, wear ring corrosion/seizure, could be also evaluated.

So, if that was the case you could focus on engine/fuel/ECU, all the good stuff - I'll be listening and watching as others chime in.

--
Yes, port engine running faster. Being it only has 14 hours, I would rather a dealer or yamaha handling that sort of diagnostic test. I'll definitely check the basic engine components.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine also did it. About 500-600 rpm difference. Dealer changed plugs and problem solved. I hear new plugs do wonders for these boats but no idea why.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine also did it. About 500-600 rpm difference. Dealer changed plugs and problem solved. I hear new plugs do wonders for these boats but no idea why.
How many hours did you have when you experienced this? Do you know what type of plugs were used for replacements? Same as OEM?

Thanks

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
around 50. Dealer replaced with oem.