• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tracy Motor Sports in Northern California

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I can't say much about the sales department as I've never bought any vehicles from there but I have considered it and feel they are no better or worse than an average new auto dealer. They don't bargain much but that may be because the next closest Yamaha boat dealer is over 100 miles away.

As for service I have two different stories:

1. I brought my boat there to have the leaking and warped oil coolers replaced under a third party. It was near the end of the boating season (sometime in late September / early October) so they had a short back log of about a week. They told me about the back log and gave me what turned out to be an accurate estimate as to how long my boat would be at their shop, three weeks. They were also very open as to what steps would be taken and the status of the same whenever I called. They saved the parts and showed me what was wrong with them and when they noticed one of the coolers was warped not cracked they worked with the warranty company to get it replaced as well.

The one problem I had was that they promised to wash the boat if I left it with them for the weekend, which happened to be the last hot / boatable weekend of the season. When I picked the boat up early the following week they hadn't washed it. I was pissed. A few days later they called me to conduct a survey, I told them that they missed their commitment to wash the boat and within minutes the service rep called me and offered to drive out, pick the boat up, wash and return it for free. I ended up having them do that at the start of the following season instead of that day. The total cost was $2,500 for two coolers installed. I think the coolers were around $700 each. Oil and filters where not covered and cost me around another $100 so labor was $1,000. Cleaning out the oil / water mixture from the bilge was not included. They did great work but $1,000 to replace an easily accessible assembly, I just didn't see that as reasonable.

2. Another member here bought his boat from there along with most of his initial gear and YES warranty. As far as I could tell he paid full price. He had a few issues which put his boat in the shop for a few weeks when he first got the boat. Most if not all of this work was covered under warranty and he was always happy with their work. What got me was what they charged him for the 10 hour maintenance visit which is little more than an oil and filter change along with lubing some parts and tightening things up as necessary, $750 or $800. I wish I could say I was kidding but I'm not. My local jet ski / pwc shop (The Ski Clinic in Antioch, CA) would only charge $200 for the same job ($100 for labor and $100 for oil and filters). Anyone with an oil extractor and a grease gun can do this for $100 or less.

To summarize, Tracy Motor Sports does great work. Their Service department treated me very well, better than expected. However, I think they over charge for their labor so I would not use them again unless the costs were covered by a warranty. My third party warranty has since expired.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wasn't to happy with Tracy Motor Sports. From the sale to sevice. I go to Delta Water Craft in Bethel Island.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I went to west coast boat center in Rocklin. I will not return when the warranty runs out. Basically, they’re rude jerks with terrible service. I would not recommend.