• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traded on 2013 AR190 for 2019 Scarab 255 Open ID

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I bought one too. Just got it home Saturday here to Cape Coral. The boat runs and sounds great, best I can tell...we've had it out a couple of times and haven't found my way out of the canal yet! Got a SimRad for the shallow water around here, but do they not show canals or does it only show open water?
Great question! Will research and find out. Mine came with the SimRad unit as well and need to educate myself on it (functions, updates, etc) too! LOL

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
@Steve-O What is your stereo setup? I have to completely redo the new one and am looking at different mounting options for amplifiers and sub. The dealer wanted my old one included as part of the trade in LOL.

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
@Steve-O What is your stereo setup? I have to completely redo the new one and am looking at different mounting options for amplifiers and sub. The dealer wanted my old one included as part of the trade in LOL.
It's just what came with the boat. I think there are six Kicker speakers, but nothing on the tower, and there are two amps in the engine bay.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
It's just what came with the boat. I think there are six Kicker speakers, but nothing on the tower, and there are two amps in the engine bay.
Would love to see picks of the placement of the amps (for ideas) if you are able. Are they Kicker amps and do you like the sound?

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
They sound OK, I guess, all I've heard on them is rap (the kids music), When I can play some real rock or country, I'll let you know.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’m curious to know how low speed maneuverability is with the single control. Honestly, I like being able to control the engines independently and use this ability every time I’m forced to “hover” in place, such as waiting at a busy ramp for our turn to load. Never thought this would be a big deal, but twice this summer we got caught in a rainstorm and it was nice to hide under the T top and just sit and wait. Wind blowing you around? Opposing forward and reverse thrust keeps you stationary and pointed at whatever heading you choose.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi @Dixie Highway. I am looking forward to finding out. My previous 195 would kind of drift a little and had to be throttled forward and reverse to stay put. With the new INR on my 255 Open ID it should be completely different with no need for opposing FWD/REV. Will let you know as soon as I put her in the water!

PS. Im a big Scarab fan of course, but that's a nice looking Yamaha ;):winkingthumbsup"

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Still in the shop...I stopped by the other day, looking for the "Underwater Lights". There is an "Underwater Lights" switch that toggles and light up when on but I don't see any lights under the transom or hull...what about you guys?

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I’m curious to know how low speed maneuverability is with the single control. Honestly, I like being able to control the engines independently and use this ability every time I’m forced to “hover” in place, such as waiting at a busy ramp for our turn to load. Never thought this would be a big deal, but twice this summer we got caught in a rainstorm and it was nice to hide under the T top and just sit and wait. Wind blowing you around? Opposing forward and reverse thrust keeps you stationary and pointed at whatever heading you choose.
The little bit of time I was able to use it, the low speed maneuverability was incredible. It would stay in a straight line through a no-wake zone without having to baby the steering. Docking is a breeze, especially when in docking mode that limits the throttle. My previous Yamaha was 19 feet so I did not have experience with the dual throttle.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Still in the shop...I stopped by the other day, looking for the "Underwater Lights". There is an "Underwater Lights" switch that toggles and light up when on but I don't see any lights under the transom or hull...what about you guys?
Same here. I was on a couple of days ago, flipped the switch as saw nothing. I am getting ready to purchase REAL underwater LED lights so I am not going to worry too much, but would be nice if I could see what that switch is turning on. LOL

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
The little bit of time I was able to use it, the low speed maneuverability was incredible. ….
Super excited. Can not wait til warmer weather (and water)!!! Were any of you ever able to get pictures of your sound system and amplifier mounts? I would love to see factory placement before I start cutting and screwing! Let me know if you have any shots you can send if you have amps mounted anywhere.

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Last edited:

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Great pics @Scott Brown! That's a nice looking vessel right there. Keep them coming! Don't forget to shoot a couple of the Amplifier setup if you can. I am looking for the original factory placement location if you can snap a shot of that.

Thanks and congrats!

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Great pics @Scott Brown! That's a nice looking vessel right there. Keep them coming! Don't forget to shoot a couple of the Amplifier setup if you can. I am looking for the original factory placement location if you can snap a shot of that.

Thanks and congrats!

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi all,
I feel I need to post this in the hopes of getting some traction before it is too late. I am honestly over this and have no idea how to proceed. No response from Scarab or the dealer. I get that Covid played a role in this however this all started when I purchased the boat and to this day, 6/10/2020, I have not heard from Scarab or the dealer.

Appreciate the feedback.
Just so you don't have to read all the stuff below...
Long story short, bought a brand new 2019 Scarab 255 Open ID from a local dealer here (RideNow Power Sports - FLorida) in Dec 2019.

We were not made aware at the time but this "new" boat had 25 hours on it already and half the stuff didn't work and then numerous issues below. Basically, it had been used as a demo/manager's weekend toy in salt water but never cleaned up after all the times.
The dealer promised three maintenance services and Scarab promised to fix the original issues which I would have settled for but now every time we take it out, the boat seems to be falling apart. In addition, there is one guy at the dealer who actually gives a shit about the customer but he is so swamped with other customers, and appeasing the management that he doesn't have time to respond. Now I can't get in touch with anyone at Scarab and no meaningful response from the dealer. Am I being overly dramatic? I am to the point that they take this boat back and we go to a different brand (and dealer). The pictures are not listed here but I am happy to if it helps.

Thanks
Scott

Existing issues as listed from Brett at Scarab:
Scarab's list:
  1. We will have the boat taken to the fiber glass shop to be buffed and waxed.
  2. Replace the trailer jack (rusty)
  3. Replace the roller pin (rusty)
  4. Replace the trailer tongue, this will take care of the damaged cables as well as the sticking latch.
  5. Replace the portside amber marker light
  6. Replace all the rubber mats in the cup holders
  7. Replace the tail gate bumpers
  8. Replace the steering nozzle that has the powder coat coming off
  9. Replace the anodes on pumps and heat exchangers
  10. Check all hinges, latches and hardware to make sure they are secure
My additions:

1. Tailgate replacement (as discussed), cracked at seem
  2. Boat winch strap broke, currently tied together to hold boat in place. The strap was frayed when purchased.
  3. One of the T-Top button snaps broke inside the the snap
  4. Heavy speaker noise when in bluetooth mode (needs a filter?)
  5. None of the USB ports or Input ports are working
  6. Anchor door wire that holds the anchor door open has cracked the anchor door and the screw is pulling through. (I assume this happened when the door swung open because the door latch was broken. (picture)
  7. Some of the trailer lights only come on when the trailer is wet. Trailer light bolts are heavily rusted. (picture)
  8. Front right seat back rest hole has pulled through, when you lean back against the back rest, the screws in the holder on the deck pull out.
  9. Paint is missing/flaking on trailer (picture)
  10. Rear ladder (inside tailgate) strap broke (picture)
  11. The captain's chair, looks like screws fell out somewhere
  12. The gauge cluster fell in. No one had touched it, happened driving at normal speed with little chop

Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 4:21 PM
To: Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com>; jacksonvillesales@ridenow.com <jacksonvillesales@ridenow.com>; m.stefani@beneteau-group.com <m.stefani@beneteau-group.com>; m.oliveira@beneteau-group.com <m.oliveira@beneteau-group.com>
Subject:Re: PSBSF066B919

Hi,
I am reaching out for assistance regarding the 2019 Scarab (supposedly new) that has been nothing but issues and safety concerns since the day we took it home. Please have someone contact me asap to resolve this issue or take this boat back.

Regards,
Scott Brown
scottfyi@outlook.com
904-480-2911

Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:48 PM
To: Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com>; jacksonvillesales@ridenow.com <jacksonvillesales@ridenow.com>

Please advise that this email was received as soon as possible.
Regard
Scott Brown

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2020, at 15:31, Scott B <scottfyi@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Brett,
I am copying Kyle on this email as well.
So we took the boat out this past weekend and NOT to our surprise there were more issues.

1. The captains chair, looks like screws fell out somewhere (picture)
  2. The gauge cluster fell in. No one had touched it, happened driving at normal speed with little chop. (picture)
I am not sure if this was the first boat that was put out for 2019 or what was going on at the factory. I truly do not understand how a boat that is supposed to be Scarabs top of the line could have so many issues. Do I have an option to exchange for a different 255 Open ID or just return it and purchase a different boat? People who are on social apps, who own a Scarab and Scarab pages are dumbfounded at the issues and I have not even published the full list. Please let me know whom at Scarab I can contact about these issues and concerns

Scott Brown
904-480-2911
scottfyi@outlook.com

Existing issues:
Your list:
  4. Replace the trailer tongue, this will take care of the damaged cables as well as the sticking latch.
My additions:

2. Boat winch strap broke, currently tied together to hold boat in place. The strap was frayed before.
  6. Anchor door wire that holds the anchor door open has cracked the anchor door and the screw is pulling through. (I assume this happened when the door swung open because the door latch was broken. (picture)
  7. Some of the trailer lights only come on when the trailer is wet. Trailer light bolts are heavily rusted. (picture)
  8. Front right seat back rest hole has pulled through, when you lean back against the back rest, the screws in the holder on the deck pull out.
  9. Paint is missing on trailer (picture)
  11. The captains chair, looks like screws fell out somewhere
  12. The guage cluster fell in. No one had touched it, happened driving at normal speed with little chop

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:59 PM
To: Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com>

Hi Brett
Thanks for the update...will all the issues listed be resolved at once including the ones I listed or do those need to be verified by the dealer? Just trying to figure out the best way to get everything handled without killing the whole summer without the boat.

I will schedule an appointment with them for the oil change.

Scott Brown

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:22 AM
To: Scott B <scottfyi@outlook.com>
Subject:RE: PSBSF066B919

Good morning Scott,

If the service light has come on it is for oil life. I’m not back in the office yet due to state restrictions with the Covid-19. I will be stopping in the office on Friday and will check to make on the tail gate and other parts. After a couple of months, I can’t remember if it had already shipped or not. We did open at 50% per department yesterday so we will be able to get parts sent out I’m just not back in the office yet.

Thank you,

Brett Little

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 12:53 PM
To: Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com>; Scott B <scottfyi@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: PSBSF066B919

Hi Brett,
I hope all is well and you are making it through this virus scare.
We have been able to use the boat over the last few weeks and have experienced found different issues that were overlooked or occurred recently.
Also, just yesterday, the maintenance light just came on at 48 hours. I check the oil, hoses and antifreeze prior to every outing. I do not see a 8-50 hour maintenance requirement so I am concerned.
In addition to the issues listed by you, I will add to that list our experiences to have everything together.
See below - please let me know how I should proceed.
Your list:
My additions:

2. Boat winch strap broke, currently tied together to hold boat in place. The strap was frayed before.
  9. Paint is missing on trailer (picture)
We have decided on a 9" chart plotter. You mentioned you could provide the plate.
Regards,
Scott Brown
On Feb 28, 2020, at 11:24, Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com> wrote:
Good morning Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to meet me yesterday to go over your boat. Below is a list of items that will be addressed on the boat. We will get all of the parts to Ridenow and work out a time to get the boat in and have it all taken care of at one time.

We looked at the anchor locker lid and adjusted the latch so this is now secure like it should be. Also as I mentioned yesterday when you get ready to do a chart plotter with sonar let me know and I will get you the dash plate to mount it. I would look at the Garmin Ecomap line the have 6”, 7 & 9”.

Thank you,

Brett Litte

Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 10:23 PM

Scott,

Hope you and your family is healthy & safe.

We have had some gates crack like this. We found the cause is the aluminum brace that is inside the gate not being large enough. We will build a new gate to replace this as it is a better process than having the original gate redone. I will get an ordered started for this so when we get back to work we can get this started.

Stay safe, stay strong & stay healthy.

Brett Little
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Scott B <scottfyi@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Brett,

Hope all is well with you and your family.
I know the quarantine has impacted us all so this email is not looking for timelines.
I did however want to reach out and let you know of a crack we found when we took the boat out last weekend before we were shut down.
Along the top of the tailgate, the fiberglass is cracked longways(see highlighted area below)...what steps do i need to take to get this resolved?

regards,
Scott Brown
<image.png>

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:53 PM

Good evening Scott,

The parts have shipped and should be there the first part of next week. We were short on the brake couple’s son it held up the order. I will follow up with Robby first of the week to make sure everything is there.

Brett Little
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Scott B <scottfyi@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Brett,
I hope you had a safe trip back.
I have not heard anything since our conversation at Ridenow sports. Can you please give me an update? Was hoping to At least have a travel covered by now.
Regards,
Scott Brown
904-480-2911
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2020, at 12:40, Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com> wrote:
Scott,

I will get one sent out next week when I get back to the office.

Thank you,
Brett Little

Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 12:35 PM
To: Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com>

Hi Brett
Thank you for taking the time with us yesterday. Hopefully these corrections Will be all that’s needed for the boat.

We will most likely purchase the unit soon. How would we go about getting the cubby holder to fit the unit?

Regards
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2020, at 11:24, Brett LITTLE <b.little@beneteau-group.com> wrote:
Good morning Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to meet me yesterday to go over your boat. Below is a list of items that will be addressed on the boat. We will get all of the parts to Ridenow and work out a time to get the boat in and have it all taken care of at one time.

Dano19er

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Steering is amazing, especially at no wake and docking compared to the 2013 AR190 with Cobra Venom steering. Engine noise is not bad. I am definitely not looking forward to the gas bill for these 2-300hp engines. What I am not too happy with is storage. There is some in the forward area but none in the aft.
What is the range on a full tank with the 300s ? Also what size tank?

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
What is the range on a full tank with the 300s ? Also what size tank?
From Boattest.com:

"According to fuel-burn test numbers provided by the manufacturer, best economic cruise speed for the Scarab 255 Open ID with the twin 300-hp Rotax engines is at 5000 rpm, where on their test the boat ran at 28.8 mph (46.35 kph) and burned 11.9 gph (45.05 lph) for a range of 122 statute miles (196.3 km). On our test, we saw a two-way average speed of 34 mph (54.72 kph) at that rpm level."

Also found the chart below, pretty accurate and helpful (Twin 250s tested)
1607789846637.png
Hope that helps!