• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traded on 2013 AR190 for 2019 Scarab 255 Open ID

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Needed more room for the family. In addition, we tried fishing in the intercoastal on the AR190 didn't work out so well.

This is a beautiful boat an d the tailgate is so cool and functional, especially for the kids and fishing.
The boat is fast!@#!scarab (2).jpeg
So far I have some concerns however the dealer is hopefully working through them with me (most of the concerns are on the dealer side)

Cognac

More pics and details to come

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
:Welcome: to the forum!!! Gorgeous looking boat! Luv the colors. Please let us know if you have any questions, issues or problems. Lots of great people here to help keep you safe on the water. We love pics. Please post many. Good luck!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the club!
Beautiful boat!

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Needed more room for the family. In addition, we tried fishing in the intercoastal on the AR190 didn't work out so well.

This is a beautiful boat an d the tailgate is so cool and functional, especially for the kids and fishing.
The boat is fast!@#!View attachment 109554
So far I have some concerns however the dealer is hopefully working through them with me (most of the concerns are on the dealer side)

Cognac

I just bought one a couple of days ago!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
- Following! Please post experience with issues as well as pros/cons. IMO, these boats are a great contender

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
4x15mph, I've only ridden in one once for my test ride, haven't picked up yet. Two things I was concerned about were low speed steering and noise. Steering at idle was I believe, better than the stern drives I'm used to, and the sound? Not at all what I expected. I thought it would sound like someone shaking a tin can full of rocks, but it's a very smooth sound. Louder than a four stroke outboard, but smooth sounding. Reminded me of a Mazda rotary engine spooling up.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
- Following! Please post experience with issues as well as pros/cons. IMO, these boats are a great contender
Agreed. If I win the lottery the 255OpenID is on the top of my list as an upgrade.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cognac

Helluva an upgrade. I'm rockin a '17AR190 now. Really curious how you like the larger and more powerful boat this coming season.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
4x15mph, I've only ridden in one once for my test ride, haven't picked up yet. Two things I was concerned about were low speed steering and noise. Steering at idle was I believe, better than the stern drives I'm used to, and the sound? Not at all what I expected. I thought it would sound like someone shaking a tin can full of rocks, but it's a very smooth sound. Louder than a four stroke outboard, but smooth sounding. Reminded me of a Mazda rotary engine spooling up.
To call someone out you must start with "@" followed by their name (you'll see it pop up to select) @4x15mph , @Steve-O or select "reply" at the bottom right corner of their post.

Steering is awesome in these boats. On plane you can throw everyone out (not recommended) and idle speed you can find true nuetral to literally stop the boat and keep it still or spin it around on it's own axis. Docking is easy. Backing up (reverse) is different as you steer with the bow; opposite what you're used to. I still screw it up.

These engines tend to be loud. This is dependent on what size motors you have and at what speed you're at. Cruising speed (25-30) it's not too bad anything over is tough.

I have twin 250s. I heard the ACE 300s are not as loud but have not confirmed (maybe someday :))

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Someone put a tailgate on a boat? That's GENIUS!

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Definitely will- dealing with local dealer concerns at the moment, I.e. what was supposed to be new had 24 “demo and show hours” on it that was not disclosed.

Attachments

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Steering is amazing, especially at no wake and docking compared to the 2013 AR190 with Cobra Venom steering. Engine noise is not bad. I am definitely not looking forward to the gas bill for these 2-300hp engines. What I am not too happy with is storage. There is some in the forward area but none in the aft.

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length

Cognac

F21E9CB2-33D2-4D82-87B4-BD052550D839.jpeg

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
D4BB3776-E0F6-4649-8D3C-4A20F027A48B.jpeg
Dod not come with the digital dash but has the modes, hours, depth, speed, etc.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know it's kind of controversial but I like the tail gate. Sharp boat and welcome to the forum. Always curious to hear from someone that had a Yamaha and went Scarab or Chap or visa versa. Get some hours on it and share your thoughts.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Congrats @4x15mph !!! We just traded in our '16 195 for the 255 Open ID and brought home Saturday. What a vessel! I love the Black and Tan combo- sharp. Do you have upgrade plans? The one thing I do not have on ours is the Touch Command Center- which looks absolutely amazing. I have been looking into an aftermarket upgrade- if the wiring harness exists and is ready. Upgrading the stereo and adding LED lights now. Looking forward to this spring and getting her out on the water! :-D Congrats again!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @4x15mph !!! We just traded in our '16 195 for the 255 Open ID and brought home Saturday. What a vessel! I love the Black and Tan combo- sharp. Do you have upgrade plans? The one thing I do not have on ours is the Touch Command Center- which looks absolutely amazing. I have been looking into an aftermarket upgrade- if the wiring harness exists and is ready. Upgrading the stereo and adding LED lights now. Looking forward to this spring and getting her out on the water! :-D Congrats again!!
Awesome. Another forum member with a 255 Open ID.

This is my current front runner for the "next boat" in a few years.

Curious how you guys are covering these center console boats for trailering.

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I bought one too. Just got it home Saturday here to Cape Coral. The boat runs and sounds great, best I can tell...we've had it out a couple of times and haven't found my way out of the canal yet! Got a SimRad for the shallow water around here, but do they not show canals or does it only show open water?

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
It came with a snap on center console and helm seat snap covers. They are pretty nice. Uploading pics in a sec.

Attachments