• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer brake line replacement, and A60 internals...

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fixing up my old MFI tandem trailer so I can take it on a FL trip this year, and one thing leads to another. I started out just needing to replace the breakaway cable... then after running into issues with the brake line connector being seized at the master cylinder, I went back to the axle to disconnect the line to give me some room to work and saw that the line was just about rubbed through from contacting the trailer and rusting. So, that's out of there now.

I need to replace the brake lines, and the brake internals of the A60. It just looks too corroded to re-install it.

What's the best, most reliable brake line I could use to run from the actuator to the axle? My trailer is galvanized and I do everything with salt water in mind even though I live in western PA.

Also, can you buy just the brake internals of the A60, or do you have to buy the whole inside slide piece for $220 or so?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe show a pic of what you have. I found it mine was too rusted to bother with replacing components and went with a new upgraded slide design. You can just use new metal brake line and flex hose at the front or if you don’t want to mess with the metal fitting, a really long rubber hose to the right caliper.
4D0C8961-FC10-438C-B4EC-AC6E5AB502C9.jpeg639CFB68-D9C5-4C95-9AE6-D29EDA6DE47F.jpeg

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just talked to the guy at my local boat place and we went over all the options. It seems like buying the internal parts will cost more than a new slide. Additionally, I had upgraded my brakes (due to PA state law) a few years ago from single axle brakes to brakes on all axles. We aren't allowed dead axles here. When I did that, I didn't know that there were differences in the actuator and never updated that. So I've been running a single axle actuator on a tandem brake trailer; not ideal.

He said that they are just using hydraulic brake lines now rather than solid brake tubing, and especially recommends it for salt water use... does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length