• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer help

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled my boat out the water and heard a lot of creaking so I looked under the trailer and found the bracket that holds the leafs together has snapped on one side. Pretty sure it was like this before I left for vacation. I noticed one side was lower than the other but figured it was just not straight on the trailer. My idea is to strap the axles together so it's pulling from the outside bolts. Thoughts. Gotta drive 120 miles tomorrow morning

Pulled my boat out the water and heard a lot of creaking so I looked under the trailer and found the bracket that holds the leafs together has snapped on one side. Pretty sure it was like this before I left for vacation. I noticed one side was lower than the other but figured it was just not straight on the trailer. My idea is to strap the axles together so it's pulling from the outside bolts. Thoughts. Gotta drive 120 miles tomorrow morning
I'm assuming your trailer failure looks like this, is that correct?

I believe if you can secure the loose end of the each leaf, then you would be fine to drive home. It assumes that you won't be driving over rough bumpy roads though.

I don't have a clue to the answer, since your out of town maybe [USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP] can help or @kthrash knows a lot about our trailers,

Any pix you can post will be hugely helpful. 1,000 words and all that.

I would love to take a pic to show you but I found it after dark. It's kind of like the pic above but the leaf is sitting on the frame. The drop down bracket broke on both axles

I would not drive far with a trailer like that. Can you float the boat somewhere to get it off the trailer then find someplace with the parts to service it?

No where around here. All the bolts have to be cut off. If I make it home tomorrow I'm going straight to the marina to replace all the hardware on the trailer

I would agree with @davel501 . If the leaf gets pulled to one side, you will be rubbing your tire with the full weight of the boat on it.

This is the kind of thing that could kill someone on the road.

Sorry to say, but that's not safe. You really need get it fixed before a 2 hour drive.

If you manage to get back ok and the problem is the compensator like in the Photos Andy posted let me know if you get stuck and if so i will go and see if my old one is still there from when i made a new trailer and send it to you if you cant get one, Give the trailer a good looking over they rust from inside and just break, Good Luck.

I would think that any metal shop could take a piece of flat steel and cut out something that would simply bolt on and get you home.

Well I made it home. Strapped both axles together and strapped the leafs to the trailer. Will post a pic later

Oh My, Tim "TheToolman" Taylor, that is some fix.... Glad everything went okay.

Last edited:
I just caught up. Glad you made I safe.

That's some fixin' you've done there!

I have the same fix on one of my trailer bunk boards from its maiden voyage over 10 years ago! It seems Yamaha forget to put lag bolts on one end of a bunk board. Maybe it's time I remember to bring the lag and cordless to the ramp?

I picked up all the hardware for the trailer today. Will install tomorrow and order new tires also

I need new tires too. I don't use the trailer much and the still the tires went bad. My other trailer I have had much 10+ years never had tire issues. What kind are you thinking of getting?

Back