• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer jack thingy

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this at Academy Sports the other day, thought it was interesting. Doesn't take up much space, it was lite, seems like it would work better if it was wider, but you could lay a piece of wood under it if needed.

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Works on single axle trailers only. They do work and are nice and easy to use and store.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't really get why single axle only? It lifts the axle so I don't see why it doesn't work on any axle.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
With a double axle, all you need is a block of wood to pull the good wheel up on to. Never had to do it though, not sure how high you would have to go so the torsion arm isn't still holding the flat tire on the ground.

This think looks interesting though, I would think it would still work on a double axle. Not sure how safe it seems though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm with water ou on the trailer aid but I suggest getting the black one, it's a little bit bigger/taller which helps when putting a fully inflated spare on. With the yellow trailer aid I had to deflate the spare a little to mount it on the trailer.

I assume that the first product works as advertised but I just don't trust it. When I'm replacing a tire I want the thing holding it up to look and feel solid so I went with a long bottle jack instead for my single axle pwcs trailer.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie, you are spot on with the black one. Didn't know about it when I bought mine. I have a 1x6 to put under mine as it depends on the grade of the road, etc whether it will get you up high enough. So easy to use though

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting product, but I sure would not want to trust that for any part of my body to be under the trailer.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't trust it much either, if it was about 4-5" thicker maybe.

I always carry a small floor jack in my truck when I'm pulling a trailer.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always carry two 4x4's that are nailed together and cut like a ramp. I don't have any single axel trailers. So, break the lugs, drive up on the ramp, swap tires, snug the lugs, drive off the ramp, tighten the lugs, and then carry on.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the problem.....my name's all wrong.....nobody wants a Charlie In The Box.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would suggest that you guys who carry jacks go and make sure you can actually lift the trailer high enough to remove a wheel. These torsion thingies can get tricky and will cause you to lift higher than you think thus causing you to carry some blocks to get your jack higher. Best method is the ramp or block of wood to drive the good tire up and onto.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would suggest that you guys who carry jacks go and make sure you can actually lift the trailer high enough to remove a wheel. These torsion thingies can get tricky and will cause you to lift higher than you think thus causing you to carry some blocks to get your jack higher. Best method is the ramp or block of wood to drive the good tire up and onto.
yep...I always have some 4x4 blocks, shovel, tow straps, traction mat, etc. in the back of the truck - you never know where you'll end up. I use a beveled 4x6 and blocks when I need to lift the toyhauler. If I need to go higher I use the floor jack that I keep inside.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yep...I always have some 4x4 blocks, shovel, tow straps, traction mat, etc. in the back of the truck
These are all in my truck, except the traction mat and shovel. We have never met. But if we did, you would just say, yeah, call a tow truck, he ain't diggin' us out!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another option that I've used is to back the good tire onto a curb/sidewalk, add blocks as needed to get the bad tire into the air.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length