• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer winch upgrade?

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any suggestions for a new winch on my trailer? I have a dual trailer with 2019 Yamaha VX Cruiser HO. I need two new winches as I noticed a bolt was bent on both of them.

Attachments

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any suggestions for a new winch on my trailer? I have a dual trailer with 2019 Yamaha VX Cruiser HO. I need two new winches as I noticed a bolt was bent on both of them.
Also need to add I don’t like these winches and was looking for better option

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The smaller F2 by Fulton is what I have been using for years now and it looks like years to come. Pricy but worth it.
image.jpg

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I recommend Two-Speed trailer winch of Fulton. We often use a boat launch that is very steep. Love the 2nd speed. Capacity gives you confidence when pulling a 3500 lb. boat onto a trailer!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got this one and I really like it.
It's got an open design so you can see and lubricate all, but the second speed is awesome. I like to hand place the boat on the trailer and with the old winch the last foot or two got a little heavy. not anymore.
FUL142415

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The two speed is more than I need for PWCs (I’ve only used the second speed on the boat trailer’s f2 winch to verify it works). A couple of nice things about the f2 models is that they are closed and can be safely used as step when needed.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can see how it's a much better step with it being enclosed. I don't mind the open gears and seeing everything work, but I had not grasped the enclosure as a step being an advantage. Very nice.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use the f2 winch as a step to get into and out of the bow of my F2s on the pwc trailer get a lot of use as hand holds/stability points, the enclosed design makes them safer for that use. I also seen my wife and some of my sons female friends use the winches on the pwc trailer and would be concerned about the open design As it could allow their long hair could get caught in the gears. Ive never asked my wife nor has she or any other female volunteered to winch the boat up so I don’t think hair getting tangled in the gears or even the handle of the winch will ever be a problem where the boat is concerned. There is a problem I wish I had.