• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer location 210 FSH

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have pics of a successful transom mounted transducer on a 210? I've moved mine up and down from the dealer install and still loses depth and bottom on plane. Trying to find the sweet spot before I remount. I'd rather not take it back to dealer. This is where mine is located currently. Curious if centering it between strake and intake plate will correct it. IMG_0233[1].JPG

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think i've looked at every thread on the internet on this. That may be the problem. Do you think it has to be mounted to the ride plate or intake great to work properly? If so that's the problem. Most threads are on the 190 which has a step on the transom that the 210 doesn't have. I can see where that would require a custom mount but assumed the 210 would work with a regular transom mount. But the dealer chose mounting position. Said mine was the 5th one they've done in that spot and no problems. Not that I fully believe them. I hope JBP or someone will come out with a custom transducer mount if that is the case. I also use side scan frequently so want it to work properly.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It worked. Transducer level with bottom of hull did the trick. Still needs a little tweaking but got good readings to 30-35 mph today. Sidescan worked perfectly

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It worked. Transducer level with bottom of hull did the trick. Still needs a little tweaking but got good readings to 30-35 mph today. Sidescan worked perfectly
Picture please. Thanks Grassman

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Want a screen shot or installation pics? I changed the angle of transducer today. Hopefully will get to retest soon.

jpmahn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can I also get a picture of the proper transducer location I have a Helex 9 with side imaging I am wanting to install with 1 transducer on my 210 fsh

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the totalscan mounted exactly as your picture shows and maintain depth and bottom when on plane. However, it blanks out occasionally at cruising speed for no apparent reason and will come back on its own. I have noticed that when Stbd enigne is in neutral or reverse, it while cause imaging to wash out.

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Grassman can you send me a pic of the final location that worked please.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn't think CJ or TV would be necessary cause boat handles so well already. However, they might help prevent the washout of imaging when stbd motor is in neutral or reverse

Attachments

Ray keown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Grassman can you just post the pick here please and thanks.

PapaRick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Grassman and @Bubblehead how did you mount your transducers? Tape, sealant, screws? Thanks in advance. I've got a 2019 210 FSH and only had it out twice so far in the Savannah GA area and am not comfortable not knowing water depth. This is my first boat of five that didn't come with a depth gauge as standard equipment. A local installer tells me we would have to go with a through hull and transom mount transducer combination to get depth readings at all speeds and totalscan at slow or no speed. He hasn't gotten back with me on pricing yet but I'd rather install myself if other owners are having success with just a transducer mount.

BTW, any recommendations on a good 3D, total scan system? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Raymarine Axiom 9.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Grassman and @Bubblehead how did you mount your transducers? Tape, sealant, screws? Thanks in advance. I've got a 2019 210 FSH and only had it out twice so far in the Savannah GA area and am not comfortable not knowing water depth. This is my first boat of five that didn't come with a depth gauge as standard equipment. A local installer tells me we would have to go with a through hull and transom mount transducer combination to get depth readings at all speeds and totalscan at slow or no speed. He hasn't gotten back with me on pricing yet but I'd rather install myself if other owners are having success with just a transducer mount.

BTW, any recommendations on a good 3D, total scan system? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Raymarine Axiom 9.
Mine is screwed in with SS hardware and Loctite marine epoxy. I have Simrad GO9 w/ totalscan and LOVE it. The recent hardware update provides bluetooth connectivity and full XI5 trolling motor control. It says it has forward scan capabilities, but have yet to get a fwd scan transducer

Byrd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have a picture of your finished transducer install?

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2020 210FSH and also went with the Simrad GO9 with the 3-in1 totalscan transduecer. I think I read every thread on the JBN then still nervously did my install. I chose the port side transom because the speed sensor through hull is on the starbord side as is the intake for our livewells which can and does cause turbulence while underway. The angle fore/aft must be just slightly set aft of that of the hull and the transducer must be just below (1/4") the hull slightly. Use of a straight edge is advisable and when mounting. I set my bracket so the screws are centered allowing for adjustment up and down if required. I never did have to change my adjustment once installed and i do not loose bottom at any speed forward or stopped (reverse however does cause interference on the screen but still shows accurate depth digitally). Sorry for the pictures I do have my boat bottom painted as im in Lake Erie hence the ugly pictures taken just after pulling the boat.
20201006_170544.jpg20201006_170407.jpgResized_20200626_170851.jpeg

swfl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2020 210FSH and also went with the Simrad GO9 with the 3-in1 totalscan transduecer. I think I read every thread on the JBN then still nervously did my install. I chose the port side transom because the speed sensor through hull is on the starbord side as is the intake for our livewells which can and does cause turbulence while underway. The angle fore/aft must be just slightly set aft of that of the hull and the transducer must be just below (1/4") the hull slightly. Use of a straight edge is advisable and when mounting. I set my bracket so the screws are centered allowing for adjustment up and down if required. I never did have to change my adjustment once installed and i do not loose bottom at any speed forward or stopped (reverse however does cause interference on the screen but still shows accurate depth digitally). Sorry for the pictures I do have my boat bottom painted as im in Lake Erie hence the ugly pictures taken just after pulling the boat.
View attachment 135403View attachment 135404View attachment 135407
Hello, I'm picking up my new 210 FSH next week and wondering if you're still happy with this location? Looking at putting a Lowrance 3 in 1 transducer in the same place.

DPS210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer installed per picture. Concerned it may not be correct. Appears it could interfere with steering.

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is where i have it mounted. Loose bottom usually around 25mph. But around here, if your reading shallow your already screwed. Works for me. Sounds like dumbass has it nailed.

Attachments