• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer problem

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my AR240, but some things that annoy me are beyond being acceptable. I have been waiting for almost 9 months for a transducer that went bad. It is bad enough not having the capability of determining depth, but the annoying warning that occurs every 2 to 3 minutes is the worst. You can silence it, but it just returns in 2 minutes. I do not understand why there is no overide to this fault error..... Would not be to bad if it only took a short period to get the replacement, but it is going on for over a 9 month period. No fun when a warning notice shows on the Connext screen and you have to keep silencing. Anyone else having this problem.... I know that there is a replacement transducer available (NON OEM) but the boat is still under warrantee, and I do not want to start splicing wires. I have been trying to get Yamaha to extend my warrantee. This is the second time that my boat has not been able to be used fully. My Connext screen died and I had to wait 6 months for a replacement while the boat could not be used.......No connext, equals no tach, speedometer, fuel gauge, no bilge blower, no bilge pump, no warnings etc......

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t know how to permanently silence it but I ordered my replacement through a yamaha dealer September 2021 and just received it this week so almost a year is what it took to get it so maybe you will get yours before next boating season at least. Sorry I can’t help on the alarm, just offering my timeline that I waited on one

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI - I got my new transducer installed so Im back up and working again.

My faulty transducer did not cause the alarm to sound on my boat. The temp gauge was still working, the depth just flashed zero all the time but no alarm. I’m happy to ship you the one I removed pretty cheap if you just want to plug it in and tuck it away somewhere - it may solve your alarm problem by just tricking your connext. PM me if interested.

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my AR240, but some things that annoy me are beyond being acceptable. I have been waiting for almost 9 months for a transducer that went bad. It is bad enough not having the capability of determining depth, but the annoying warning that occurs every 2 to 3 minutes is the worst. You can silence it, but it just returns in 2 minutes. I do not understand why there is no overide to this fault error..... Would not be to bad if it only took a short period to get the replacement, but it is going on for over a 9 month period. No fun when a warning notice shows on the Connext screen and you have to keep silencing. Anyone else having this problem.... I know that there is a replacement transducer available (NON OEM) but the boat is still under warrantee, and I do not want to start splicing wires. I have been trying to get Yamaha to extend my warrantee. This is the second time that my boat has not been able to be used fully. My Connext screen died and I had to wait 6 months for a replacement while the boat could not be used.......No connext, equals no tach, speedometer, fuel gauge, no bilge blower, no bilge pump, no warnings etc......
I just encountered the same problem on my 2020 ar240. Alarm beeping and communication error (depth transducer) been searching the forum for a fix but everyone seems to say to replace the transducer. I did however remove the negative on the batter and I got it to work for most of the day today. As for the beeping of the alarm I previously installed a switch behind the helm because the alarm would alway beep when I was at the sandbar for shallow water and my start battery being off. Pretty simple fix for the alarm but I sure miss having that depth finder.

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just encountered the same problem on my 2020 ar240. Alarm beeping and communication error (depth transducer) been searching the forum for a fix but everyone seems to say to replace the transducer. I did however remove the negative on the batter and I got it to work for most of the day today. As for the beeping of the alarm I previously installed a switch behind the helm because the alarm would alway beep when I was at the sandbar for shallow water and my start battery being off. Pretty simple fix for the alarm but I sure miss having that depth finder.
Tell me about your alarm cutoff switch installation.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am selling a transducer from 2017 AR 240 for $250 shipped within the continental U.S. This is less than half the cost of a new one. Start a convo with me if interested.

Top Bottom