• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer replacement

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought a 2017 Yamaha 210SX and there seems to be a problem with the transducer. I get the depth comm error that I've read about on here. Replacing it seems to fix it (around $500). I can see it on the bottom of the boat but I cannot locate it inside nor have I found any videos show position or how to replace. Does anyone have pictures or videos or any information they can share so I don't have to send it to the dealer for repair? Thanks in advance.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same issue...did you make any progress at all??

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've only had my boat a week and it's only happened once out of 4 outings. I DID order the replacement part ($540) and it takes a couple of weeks to get. I do plan to replace it when it comes in. I believe I have to take off the assembly where the cleanouts are in the back. Then I was told there is an exhaust manifold that requires removing about 6 clips (including one inside the engine compartment) and then the transducer is located underneath and I should have access to it. I will let you know! I will try and remember to take pics...

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the new transducer, let’s see how bad I can screw it up when it arrives

Ravens66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be following, if you take any pictures please post. Looks like I better order mine now if it takes a couple of weeks. Do you have a part number for the transducer ? I have a 2017 242 Limited. Good luck hope all goes well.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good news/bad news...

The new transducer fixed the issue, bad news is I have no pictures because I had the dealer do the install.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not sure what transducer you guys have for sure on those boats but the Airmar DST800 that comes with the 195 is a breeze, the hardest part is tracing the wire to the connector. Getting the unit out is as simple as unwrapping some safety wire and unscrewing the cap that holds it into the hull. You don't even have to worry about making a leak because the transducer has O rings that seal it up. Just make sure you lube them first.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the twin engine boat the full hatch needs to come off then remove part of the exhaust just to get to it. My dealer did it for less than 200 so wasn't even worth my time, but its the same transducer....good thing is no more chirping at me every 5 minutes

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
here the label that's on the transducer on 2016 SX240... yep. it died...

PN:44-177-2-01

now the trick is getting one for less than $500 that yamaha charges for it... for no good friggin reason.

DescriptionOEMOEM Part #Airmar #Compatible SoundersMount StyleBeamTech DataConnectorWiring InfoFunctionOwner's Guide
DT800/P617VYAMAHA JBF2D-U8K1W-0144-177-2-01In-Hull12°235K4P-DTM0491-1153D,T17-431-01

Attachments

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have to replace mine 2016 212x just getting a steady incorrect depth reading. I had to remove the swim platform cleanout hatch and exhaust. During the summer I removed it (to get the model #) and reinstalled, but made no difference. I installed an extra bilge pump while I was there..
856FC31E-2AC7-4B0B-ACB8-7675A7016D6F_1_201_a.jpeg35048653-CB14-41EA-AF04-0745AF153C24.jpegEF18AEF1-3E5A-4B58-9999-6F3D16C09887.jpegB1B7ED6C-F3B5-42FE-92C1-2B412FC74B93.jpegD6534223-193E-468C-87B0-A138F115AFEE.jpeg

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
where does the transducer connect? Does it connect directly to the Connext or is there an connection in between?

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you follow the wire from the transom, there is a connector in the engine compartment. S/B on the starboard side. That's where you need to disconnect and fish the new wire back. Easy peasy.

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
t? Does it connect directly to
I have to replace mine 2016 212x just getting a steady incorrect depth reading. I had to remove the swim platform cleanout hatch and exhaust. During the summer I removed it (to get the model #) and reinstalled, but made no difference. I installed an extra bilge pump while I was there..
View attachment 140872View attachment 140873View attachment 140874View attachment 140875View attachment 140876

so you just got Airmar transducer? not the OEM one? how much was that? did you have to splice wires or plug was good? thanks!

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The OEM version is an Airmar transducer. I had the same issue and replacing it fixed mine. I did not have to splice anything, just plug in the connector properly. I too had to remove the platform over the clean out plugs to get at the transducer. That was not fun...but not super hard.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
so you just got Airmar transducer? not the OEM one? how much was that? did you have to splice wires or plug was good? thanks!

Mine works but it would be great to find out what the part is from air mar

Is this the unit that will work maybe it just needs a connector applied to the end

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is a DST800V. This one looks like it's made for a Four Winns. And mine was $513. Not sure if you splice this in, if it will work. If you do splice it in, I would splice it to the old transducer connector so if it doesn't work, you haven't ruined your Connex connection.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is a DST800V. This one looks like it's made for a Four Winns. And mine was $513. Not sure if you splice this in, if it will work. If you do splice it in, I would splice it to the old transducer connector so if it doesn't work, you haven't ruined your Connex connection.

so that was an oem part ?
Is that a paddle wheel ?

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a paddle wheel, yes.

I don't recall if the DST800V is the OEM part number or not. It was over a year ago. I called iboats.com and ordered through them. You might want to call Yamaha and get the OEM part number and then do a search. I've heard availability is a problem.

I had read a post from someone recently looking for a transducer and he said getting the OEM part was weeks of lead time and that Airmar wouldn't sell the OEM version direct, unfortunately. I hope you find out different!

Last edited:

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, I got it at boats.net. Looking at Partzilla for your 2017 242X E series, looks like OEM part number is
F2D-U8K1W-01-00