• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom - Videos - O'Brien Wakesurf Boards

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20190308_010358.jpg
INTRODUCTION: I'm Jared, I'm a jetboater and owner of Transom Watersports. I've had the "chore" of demoing some of the products we sell and compiling a record of how they perform. I want you to see how these boards will function and handle on your jet boat wakes.

The following videos and reviews are dedicated to our O'Brien line of wakesurf boards. Please follow and enjoy!

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 O'Brien FX V2

I've mentioned before that I thought this board would be a performer and... I was right! This board is powerful and fun.

20190607_151456.jpg20190607_151911.jpg20190607_151729.jpg
My first impressions if this board as I unpacked it were, "Wow!"

This thing is legitimately a premium board. Hand-laid fiberglass carbon fiber and epoxy coated, topped with a contoured EVA grip pad. It's top of the market stuff.

The design is perfomance minded. This 59" model has a maximized surface area, making it buoyant. The moulded hull channels water passing below making it quick. The stepped rail makes its handling responsive. 5 fin boxes means the rider can customize the ride to perform the way they want. My ride in this video was with a 4 fin thruster setup.

Frankly, I want this board to be considered as much as any other. It is as enjoyable to ride as it is to look at. I will be riding this board again the next time I hit the water for a surf session. Stay tuned for more!

Here's where you can purchase this board, but be sure to message me first to get you jetboaters discount.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 O'Brien Royale 63"

When I first saw this board in the O'Brien catalog I thought, "There's O'Brien's answer for the Slingshot Coaster..."
356334_1.jpg

While it's the same length as the Coaster 5'3", this is a different animal... this is a attractive, sporty longboard style board. The board has a single fin box with a relatively small stock fin. That's because this board, is designed with edge control in mind, and it therefore has a very unique feel and flow. I thought it felt a little loose at first, but that feeling quickly felt fun. A lot of fun! Add a larger rear fin to the mix and I'm sure the dynamics will change to make the tale more planted... I'm not sure I'd want it thought...

This board could hang at the back if the pocket as easy as any board I've been on, including the Coaster. I wished I'd had my 11 year old with me on the day we tested this guy to attempt a ride with him on board.

Here's we're you can purchase this luxurious board. Remember to message me to save.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 O'Brien Haze 57"

The Haze, this is yet another another unique riding board from O'Brien. It is surf style to the core. O'Brien has impressed me with the quality of each obr of these boards... they're not to be overlooked. Contoured EVA traction pad, epoxy coated, hand-laid fiberglass and carbon fiber weave, make this another premium grade board.

20190607_150627.jpg20190607_150342.jpg
20190607_150706.jpg
I noticed immediately that this board's broad body with tapered tail made it very responsive to both gas and brakes. You have to be a bit mindful if it and be back on the gas again as you come off the slashing turns, but it was up for it. I threw a lot at it in this brief run. It's a fun lesson in board design.

Here's were you can get more details and purchase this bored. Message me for your discount.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 O'Brien Pike

This board intrigued me due its construction. It's built with a high volume ultra-light stringer core, wrapped in fiberglass, then topped with a full foam soft top. No need to worry about a chip, bump or ding.

Screenshot_20190729-005324_Chrome.jpg
This board is advertised as a "one size fits all". If you're considering entering the sport and testing the waters, this is it. Great all around family board.

Here's where you can get yours.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jealous of all the board testing you get to do!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been meaning to add to this for a couple of days, mainly to say that the are still several of the O'Brien wakesurf boards that I have yet to demo behind my boat. My budget for inventory was limited, but there are still several of them that intrigue me. The Censor is supposed to be a big deal amongst the lineup. Besides that, the Vader v2, Vale, Space Dust and Forte all look like they'd be extremely fun to try. I think I just named all of them... lol!
inCollage_20190731_123046595.jpg
For youth riders, the microwave is a top choice. I plan on getting my kids on this board as they gain interest.
Screenshot_20190731-122117_Chrome.jpg

I'm going to drop the link to the 2019 O'Brien Catalog here starting on the first page of the wakesurf board. Thumb thru it and look at all the additional information on each. These boards are still available and I may see some close-out pricing available in the coming month or two as the 2020 models debut. I'm already offering GREAT savings on the models I have in inventory. Message me fir details.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've also decided to place a couple videos from my rides on the Hydroslide Versa v2 here. This product is very comparable to the popular ZUP boards with a few minor difference. There's the option to mount the foot straps in a wakeboard stance or perpendicular ski stance. It also has a pair of retractable fins. My rides here were with fins deployed.

Video was cut short during filming due to lack of storage space on my phone... sorry about that. I think we caught the best of it.

NOTE: I would not recommend getting up on the board in wakeboard stance the way I did. It was changing due to the weight and buoyancy of the board. The board is very stable and you should be able to enter these stance from starting on your knees, similar to how I got into ski stance.

Screenshot_20190519-211638_Chrome.jpg

I have 1 green Versa in inventory. @InmyElement just purchased the orange version from me recently and I look forward to his review.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That seems to be a good distance back...what length tow rope are you using?
YES..next week we will be putting some heavy hours in on the lake...pray for good weather.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seems to be a good distance back...what length tow rope are you using?
YES..next week we will be putting some heavy hours in on the lake...pray for good weather.
It's a Yamaha 4 section I bought off their accessories site. I think it's 75 ft.