• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traveling home, Boat mod?

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
20170218_191158.jpg
Weather in Missouri was so nice had to do a little camping this weekend. Had to back up the camper in the dark a little challenging. State park had about 10 total campers so the all kids had full run of the place with their bikes !

20170218_112425.jpg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been there (in the dark). I was by myself at a new campground with lots of trees. It took a lot of "back a little and check" to not smash something up. I laid a flashlight on the ground where I wanted the wheels. We love winter camping. It is very peaceful and you get to use the campfire for more than s'mores.

I hope you find a nice spot for summer fun. We took the boat out today and scouted out a campground we plan to use for a month or two. Crooked Creek on Keowee. It is close to home with a boat ramp and docks. We talked to several campers there including a family launching a 242 Limited-positive reviews.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah that flashlight idea we will have to try next time unfortunately we forgot them as we used our cell phone to set up ! Lol We look forward to setting up the camper permanently this summer. We love meeting new people and love when the kids have a blast. Makes it all worth it :)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1904.PNG IMG_1902.JPG I love off season camping.
We were going to go this weekend but a forecast of storms changed our minds, should have went it's been perfect this weekend.

I was traveling with my then 4 year old son one time. It was getting late and I saw a sign for a campground, I found it it was a very small campground may have been 15 total sites, I made 2 loops looking for an open site to pull into. On my second loop a guy stopped me he said the only open site was "over yonder", he said I'd have to back down part of the road and make a 90 into the site, that's why it was open because no one wants to back that far.

I sat my lantern down at the end to where I would need to turn into the site, backed down to it then set up the lantern and flashlights in the site, it was pitch black, no lights at all in the CG and very thick covered trees. Got parked close to the power pole, we just went to bed as soon as I got plugged in.

In the morning I walked out and it was one of the best sites I have ever stayed in! The back of the camper was about 25 feet from a very nice little river, I didn't even know there was a river back there when I parked.
I just looked up the photos from it, Gore Landing Oklahoma on the Illinois river. Site was the one on the bottom of the Sattelite view.

Last edited:

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put lights on the back of my boat trailer and its going to be the first spring mod on my new travel ttailer. 4 big flood lights. Cam.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow you are a rockstar ! Looks like a great site @Wayloncle can't beat water views when camping !

We had a guy pull up next to us with cameras all over his camper we were jealous ! So at bare min we need at least one at the back ! Lol