• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Rental Property Traveling Tongue Scale

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Current location: Los Angeles CA @JBehrens

Future locations 1: Raleigh, NC @jgpncll
Future locations 2: Lake O LAke, FL @tim h
Future locations 3: TBD @[B][USER=10813]orexismd[/B][/USER]

# of safer trailers out there.....11

I am keep request to rent my tongue scale, but I am having a hard time bring myself to charge you guys $30 for 3 minutes or use. That is a higher hourly rate than me and I have a graduate degree.

Anyway, long story short yall have been so helpful that I cannot put a price on it, I am will glad to send it out to whoever needs it. Just PM me your address.
If it makes you feel any better, you can check me a check for whatever makes you happy, but not required for you to be safe on the road

The scale is ready to go on a Medium Flat Rate USPS box. Please keep the original packaging.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just moved mine back 4” which is the what everybody has done roughly. I hope that damn box anchor in the front is not going to throw my tongue weight off !!

I do appreciate the offer though but I should be close enough.

Thanks anyway @Betik

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you are most welcome.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the best forum I've ever been on!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
first page updated with current location and next in line.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Could I get in on this line? My trailer is super bumpy.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could I get in on this line? My trailer is super bumpy.
you are now on the que ( see first page).
you can send me address now or PM you when person prior to you is ready to ship.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it, tongue weight was spot on from the factory @450lbs. Will be on the way to Luke tomorrow.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
450 is a bit heavy but better that than light.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What % should we be at?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The recommendation is 5-7% so 400lbs at the top end IMO.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh nevermind, I had it in my mind that it should be 6-8%, seems Shoreland'r suggests 5-7% (so a good bit less). Maybe I'll bump the winch back a couple inches tomorrow. Any wagers for how far I should slide back for the first try?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wonder if this is covered under warranty work?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh nevermind, I had it in my mind that it should be 6-8%, seems Shoreland'r suggests 5-7% (so a good bit less). Maybe I'll bump the winch back a couple inches tomorrow. Any wagers for how far I should slide back for the first try?
1.5 inches.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
  1. I have a patio with 6x6 columns. (see picture)
  2. I move the boat just 3 to 5 inches forward of the columns
  3. I choke the wheel for forward and backwards
  4. I loosen the winch at the bow & take the safety chain off
  5. I put 2ton jack in-front of the intakes with foam padding between the boat and the jack
  6. I lift the boat until it start to be become wiggly. like barely touching the rear bunks maybe a hair off.
  7. I hung the heavy duty racket strap from the patio
  8. I pass the strap through the ubolts on the rear transom.
  9. I start tightening the racket slowly
  10. As the rackets strap is lifting the boat it is also pulling it backwards ( recall the trailer is trapped and the boat read of the boat ( ubolts) is just 5 inches forward. So gravity pulls the boat back. Kind like the pendulum.
  11. remove the jack from the rear and let the boat rest on the bunks
  12. put the jack on the front and lift the boat 3 to 4 inches
  13. loosen the post and move backwards, just enough so the ubolt is barely touching and the fiberglass is a 2 inches above the bow stopper.
  14. remove the jack from hull and the bow should rest just on top of the bowstopper an the ubolt will be in full contact with the bowstopper.

Note 1: my front bunks carry very much to the front so my boat can be supported even without the post, but you might want to use some sort of souport on the front area while the boat is no longer resting on the post/bowstopper. Do this BEFORE step 6.

Note 2: I moved my post about 20 inches and it took off about 400lbs from the tongue weight. But the new trailer has a longer wheelbase that my old trailer (shorelander)

Photo 1: give you an idea of the Patio set up. If you were to zoom in to the left on the dark side, you will see a Yellow strap hanging from the rear post.
Photo 2: this the actually patio posts that the rear of the boat was hanging from
Photo 3: rear ubolt where I passed the ratcket strap to lift/pull the boat. notice how the end edge of the boat is almost flush to the rear bunk. You should be able to see it right underneath the triptab.
Photo 4: this is where I located the jack to the rear. just infront of the intakes and the depth finder
Photo 5,6: notice had far my front/center bunks carry and support the boat ( 2x6 by 8 feet) and the rear/outer ones are 6x4 by 10 feet.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just went quick in reverse and slammed the brakes. Put the boat back a few inches. (Keep safety chain on).... I plan doing this a few times until weight is where I want it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if this is covered under warranty work?
I agree but warranty seems to be a hit or miss with yamaha. If you have fix it yourself, why not do it? at least you know it is done right ....