• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim Tabs 24 222SE

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We have been out 12-15 times since purchasing our 24 222SE. Weather has been a little strange, the wind has been 23 - 30 mph. We boat on Lake Lanier which is a large lake, and 2-3 footers have been typical this year. I never thought I would consider trim tabs, but that's where I'm at.

1. What brand do you recommend?
2. What is the ease of install?
3. DIY or pay a professional?

TIA

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With 2-3 footers being your norm, I would go with Zipwake or Seakeeper Ride. They will cost you more money but is also an active system to constantly adjust to your current wave state.

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just saw this. Essentially same boat and same lake. I put Bennet 9x12 with auto controller and would rate it as a must have. Usually I am a DIYer but I had the service dept at Port Royale install them. They weren’t quite sure but several calls to Kennesaw (Yamaha) and we got ‘er done. @FSH 210 Sport has a good write up on DIY. He used Lectro IIRC
cheers

correction. It was @Zackdadams has the writeup

Attachments

Last edited: