• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trim Tabs Questions !!!

ripndip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey everyone , I have a ar192 and solely use it in salt water, here in Miami the weather is totally unpredictable Lol you can head out in 4-5 knot winds and head home with 15-20 knot winds -.- I've heard trim tabs can really help with choppy waters. Was wondering if anyone here has them on a 19ft or 21ft and what's your opinion on them. Any brands you recommend ? Is it worth it on a 19ft ??
Just want something that can help me with the chop and for smoother safer rides.
Thank you for reading and for all your input !!!!

I can't help you on the trim tabs and my experience on our 242 may be different but for what its worth, have you tried dropping a ballast bag in the ski locker? We don't boat on the ocean but for lake chop we fill up a 750LB bag in the ski locker and this helps tremendously. Just a though as it is easy to try and pretty inexpensive.

Trim tabs will put the bow down which helps cut through chop assuming your boat is higher than the waves.
The ballast bag idea technically would work as well as if you had a bigger heavier boat so the waves don't knock you around as much. Momentum science there! It's also above the waterline which helps smooth it out as well. It's a trick the cruise ships use!

Back