• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trip around NYC

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I got a few brave friends that are willing to go around Manhattan with me. This is something I always wanted to do once I got my own boat. We are planning on leaving out of Liberty State park (behind ms. Liberty). Heading north on the East River up on the Harlem River and back down on the Hudson. Any other boats interested in joining in? We will be leaving around 9am on Saturday August 2nd. I think that are a few members here who had done it so any advice is greatly welcomed!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I might be joining you. Will check with the wife on our schedule...

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's great @Zeus2013 as long as the weather is good Ill be there!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please post pics. My kids would love to see them!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to hear about the conditions and see some pics following your trip. I would want to join up for one of these trips unless you find the conditions tough for a 20 footer.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have appointed a photographer for that job! I definitely want to keep my head on a swivel tho lol. Heard it can get pretty crazy. And yes weather will play a major role before I decide to launch. Just ordered a nice handheld VHF radio and will sign up with SeaTow or BoatUS. image.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sounds like a blast!

Take plenty of photos. :thumbsup:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did that trip many years ago on my brothers 20' Crownline.
Very very busy waterway. And those megayatchs, ships, ferries, the Circle Line, tugs, barges, etc, etc can really throw some wicked rollers. Wouldn't be so bad if it was only 1 at a time - but they're all over the place all the time - you're surrounded by very LARGE fast moving vessels.
That said - it was a great time with incredible views. Circling Manhattan by boat is absolutely amazing.

Take lots of pics. Enjoy and be safe.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @octavio3311 I'm really excited to see the island from a different perspective and yes @Glassman I'll be sure to get some great photos of the trip and share with you guys!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did that trip many years ago on my brothers 20' Crownline.
Very very busy waterway. And those megayatchs, ships, ferries, the Circle Line, tugs, barges, etc, etc can really throw some wicked rollers. Wouldn't be so bad if it was only 1 at a time - but they're all over the place all the time - you're surrounded by very LARGE fast moving vessels.
That said - it was a great time with incredible views. Circling Manhattan by boat is absolutely amazing.

Take lots of pics. Enjoy and be safe.
Because of this I have decied to leave my kids at home. No need to worry with these wakes. I am NYC every day and see the wakes going by...

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree @Zeus2013 no kids and no wife for this trip.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So did you mak it out? I am guessing not since it was raining...

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We did not. It was raining most of the day and we decides to go to the lake instead. Now I'm no sure when I'll be able to make it.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I may be in for a future trip. Tow right up the parkway and drop her in..

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will DEFINITELY be doing this at either the end of this season, or the beginning of next.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Call me a wuss, but I was in NY yesterday with my family on a Circle Line Cruise around the city and man does it get rough. Of course it was a beautiful day yesterday and a lot of boats were out kicking up some serious wakes. It would definitely make for a scenic ride with nice views, but I'd need something a little bigger than my 242, especially on a weekend. Actually a couple Sea Doo's out, but no Yamaha. The trip is doable and may be better during the weekdays, but I would never take a stab at it on a weekend. Way to many boats for my comfort.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call me a wuss, but I was in NY yesterday with my family on a Circle Line Cruise around the city and man does it get rough. Of course it was a beautiful day yesterday and a lot of boats were out kicking up some serious wakes. It would definitely make for a scenic ride with nice views, but I'd need something a little bigger than my 242, especially on a weekend. Actually a couple Sea Doo's out, but no Yamaha. The trip is doable and may be better during the weekdays, but I would never take a stab at it on a weekend. Way to many boats for my comfort.
Wuss

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length