• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor Install (plug in anchor locker)

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know I saw a video or photo of someone's install on here where they ran the trolling motor plug into the anchor locker. I like that idea. I'm looking for further specifics on that, if someone has went this route and can comment it would be appreciated. Thank you.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I recall seeing it too. I think they just ran the loose cord into the locker. I don't believe anything was 'hard mounted' though?

I just mounted my motor plug in the vertical section of the bow, to the port side of the anchor locker. Works well.

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I mounted my plug in the anchor locker. I just routed the wire through the little rope opening when the trolling motor is hooked up. It was super easy and keeps it out of the weather and splash. I would send pics but the boat is unavailable due to my move from AL to CA. There is a flat wall about 4 in by 4 in that is perfect to mount the plug to, then you can route the wire to the battery location very easily.