• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trouble Code Normal (SPN 0)

muleror

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

I have a 2017 SX190. I put my boat on the water for the first time this year this past Saturday. When turning on the boat I got the "Check Engine" warning. I immediately acknowledge the alarm and small caps letters on the lower left appeared "AL". This warning kept popping up and beeping like crazy every 4-5 minutes while driving. I went to the engine Diag menu and the Troubleshooting Code is "Normal (SPN 0)". The boat runs perfectly with no issues what so ever.

I have done the following tips recommended by folks who have ran into this issue before:
- reset the battery by disconnecting and reconnecting back.
- start and stop the engine 5 consecutive times.
I was told by doing some of those the warning will go away.

None of the above have worked.

Also, I spoke to the local dealer and they said that may be a Service reset. But they will not do it as they did not perform the last tuneup/service.

So, i am reaching out to see if anyone has a clue or has ran into this code before.

I would appreciate any help on this. THANK!!

Rey

Attachments

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

I have a 2017 SX190. I put my boat on the water for the first time this year this past Saturday. When turning on the boat I got the "Check Engine" warning. I immediately acknowledge the alarm and small caps letters on the lower left appeared "AL". This warning kept popping up and beeping like crazy every 4-5 minutes while driving. I went to the engine Diag menu and the Troubleshooting Code is "Normal (SPN 0)". The boat runs perfectly with no issues what so ever.

I have done the following tips recommended by folks who have ran into this issue before:
- reset the battery by disconnecting and reconnecting back.
- start and stop the engine 5 consecutive times.
I was told by doing some of those the warning will go away.

None of the above have worked.

Also, I spoke to the local dealer and they said that may be a Service reset. But they will not do it as they did not perform the last tuneup/service.

So, i am reaching out to see if anyone has a clue or has ran into this code before.

I would appreciate any help on this. THANK!!

Rey
Sometimes if you see a random trouble code and the boat is running fine (not in limp mode) and simple battery off/on will reset it. If it happens again then don't reset it as their is an issue that would need to be addressed. That code is an indication of something that would need to be pulled from YDS, not the actual problem it self.

muleror

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your input and help.