• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Troubles loading boat.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you spray the bunks with furniture polish like pledge and you make sure you do not release the winch until you want the boat to come off you will be very surprised how easily the boat goes on and of the trailer without sinking the trailer deep.
Yup Pledge has silicone polymers in it so it'll make the bunks slippery as snot.
:D

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That is a good point. I do the same thing and also release the tension on my G2 Boat Buckles once it is in the drive. Not sure if it hurts anything to leave tension on them but figured it would be best to do it.
I don't loosen the transom straps because they're never really tight anyway - they're just there for safety so I have mine barely snug. I back them off for winter storage though in case there's any shifting in the cold.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a good point. I do the same thing and also release the tension on my G2 Boat Buckles once it is in the drive. Not sure if it hurts anything to leave tension on them but figured it would be best to do it.
The guy who sold me my third boat/first Yamaha got me into releasing the tension on the bow and stern straps. There is no need for them to be tight when the boat and trailer are sitting detached from the tow vehicle for days or weeks at a time. I also think it prolongs the life of the straps, mine are outdoors in the elements almost all of the time. I retract them during winter storage since I know the rig isn’t going anywhere for months.

back on topic, @Fakenewsrealhp , by your description it seems like you just have not found the sweet spot as far as positioning your trailer in the ramp is concerned. I have found that if the bow eye is higher than the roller and the stern is still floating, the trailer is too far down the ramp. Whether power loading or not, the stern should not be floating over the bunks when the bow is within a few feet of the bow roller, the hull should be in contact with all of the bunks such that it has to be dragged or pushed up to the bow eye for the last few (3 to 5 feet). On the flip side, if i have to winch the 80% of the boat’s length, the trailer is not deep enough in the ramp/water.

Just my two cents but what do I know. I power load whenever I can and have a two speed winch for those sometimes sticky situations when I cannot. that is. If I can’t recover the boat after two attempts, I do it the old fashioned way, pull the boat onto the trailer with lines and winch it to the bow stop.

Here the recovery starts at about the 2 minute and 5 second mark.