• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trust Vectors

Riplips80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2011 AR210 what brand of trust vectors does everyone recommend for this boat?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a Pepsi/Coke debate. Both products perform as advertised, though some will claim fantastical things. For me, I chose the vendor that I'd prefer to deal with should something go awry, and that was jetboatpilot.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its really not a pepsi/coke debate since the Thrust Vectors do nothing at speed. If you only want low speed steering enhancements you can choose either one. If you want steering at speed enhancments, as well as low speed and better turning and being able to get on plane quicker then you would need the Cobra Jet fins.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both are good systems and both have taken good care of the people on this site........my boat came with Jetboat Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters so no decision was need on my part. I could not give up my Lateral thrusters makes docking a breeze.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To the OP, this is one of those things you will want to use the Search function for. And I'm not just trying to blow you off. There are tons of threads on this topic and it really came down to who do you want to do business with.

I've had both and could care less, other than the reverse control with lateral thrusters is superior to anything, and was the only available with thrust vectors at the time of purchase. Now folks have gotten them to work with either.

As far as control at speed, the jet thrust is steering the boat more than the fins, so I saw no purpose in having fins down at speed. It's when off speed that most of us seemed to need extra control. But on our boat with cobrajet steering, it was noticeable at speed. Just not needed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I recommend the super ultimate steering and the mega fang plus upgrade for your boat.
Get steering enhancements at all speeds even off power steering and control while rapidly decelerating in a turn , plus stronger reverse thrust and more reverse control as well as improved stopping power and a mild power steering effect. no plastic parts and you also get to set the steering levels to your personal preference. 1710200835874.jpeg The super steering automatically changes it's influence based on the position of the hull in the water when the boat is on plane the nozzles are up above the water so you get assistance without over steering and when the boat is down off plane the entire steering system is submerged and providing excellent steering control in forward and reverse.
The mega fang plus upgrade captures and directs the reverse thrust as it exits the bottom of the nozzle putting more of it to work and concentrating that thrust for stronger push as well as the fangs go forward of the nozzle pivot point so you get a mild power steering effect.

The buy direct discount price for the steering is only $399.99 and the mega fang plus upgrade is only $169.99 those prices are for both nozzles complete and you also get free domestic priority mail. That is it $569.98 for the entire setup. And if you are planning to do water sport activities or let guest operators drive the boat this is a must have so you can sit back and relax in wind waves or strong current you own the water.