• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trying to Decide......

@mark_m good stuff man... I know he probably will have more in the winter months, and its dead out in OC during that time LOL... But I have plenty of time... granted the boating season is just underway here well about a month ago or so, but still.
I am just looking for the right price, right time, etc... I am sure you understand my view !
Yep. Sure do. Eric shared there is a lot of competition in the area and people tend to buy new; he had better pricing than I could find for used in central Ohio market. As a point of reference I bought my boat in early August '14 and was happy with the deal on a great clean boat. Good luck and welcome to the site, this is a great resource as you search and find that 'right' boat.

Holly Acres has a brand new 2013 AR240 Leftover in stock.... I would assume they would be willing to make a deal on it and you could get it for close to 42,000 brand new, not positive, but speculating.....

I would use this one as a bargaining chip....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2014...OWN-/161724001864?hash=item25a7806e48&vxp=mtr

I actually emailed them them about his boat to see what they were asking... this is what they said:

"As you have seen, we have one 2013 Yamaha AR 240 in stock which we are sell at cost ($46,980.00 plus applicable taxes and shipping costs), because we are selling at cost I am unable to accept a trade ."

That seemed a bit high for me, as a new one is only $53,500 and this one is 2 years older (without the 2015 upgrades)

Yep. Sure do. Eric shared there is a lot of competition in the area and people tend to buy new; he had better pricing than I could find for used in central Ohio market. As a point of reference I bought my boat in early August '14 and was happy with the deal on a great clean boat. Good luck and welcome to the site, this is a great resource as you search and find that 'right' boat.

yup, I have been on the other site for a long time, and somehow found this... Julian I remember and same with trav8r guy :) heeh

LET'S GO

I'm from Wheeling. Just had to throw that in there. ;)

I'm from Wheeling. Just had to throw that in there. ;)

Good stuff... g/f and I both graduated from WVU.... obviously, her friend from Brooke is coming down on Saturday for a few days LOL

Go used. Go twin engine 230 or up. Don't sweat a warranty - the minor stuff you MIGHT use it for isn't worth sweating about. Buy a used one off this forum. You will then have a history of the boat. Deals will be had. Not this time of year, but starting next October until it's high point in December/January. Patience. I had an LS2000 for years and was waiting for the right deal. Finally found it on the "other" forum before this one started. A 2008 SX230 in perfect condition with 26 hours on it, purchased NEW in 2011 and a 4 year warranty. I bought it in 2013 for 23,900. The warranty expired 3 months ago and all I used it for was a pole light. Big deal. These boats are mechanically sound and just don't break down. You will regret a single engine after you have it a season and will be looking to sell it. Why wait? Buy the second boat now, and buy it off this forum. Someone is always looking to get another one, and selling their gem. Good luck. Oh, I must add don't waste your money on fins! By the way, the best dealer in Maryland is Bayside Jet Drive in Berlin and Ocean City. Jet boats exclusively and a superb family run business. But you won't get any "deals" on a new one anywhere, they cost what they cost. Maybe a few throw ins added into the deal but big deal....life vests, cover, and what not. Let someone else eat the depreciation. Especially on a single engine which if you buy new you will lose big time when you decide to sell it after one season.

Go used. Go twin engine 230 or up. Don't sweat a warranty - the minor stuff you MIGHT use it for isn't worth sweating about. Buy a used one off this forum. You will then have a history of the boat. Deals will be had. Not this time of year, but starting next October until it's high point in December/January. Patience. I had an LS2000 for years and was waiting for the right deal. Finally found it on the "other" forum before this one started. A 2008 SX230 in perfect condition with 26 hours on it, purchased NEW in 2011 and a 4 year warranty. I bought it in 2013 for 23,900. The warranty expired 3 months ago and all I used it for was a pole light. Big deal. These boats are mechanically sound and just don't break down. You will regret a single engine after you have it a season and will be looking to sell it. Why wait? Buy the second boat now, and buy it off this forum. Someone is always looking to get another one, and selling their gem. Good luck. Oh, I must add don't waste your money on fins! By the way, the best dealer in Maryland is Bayside Jet Drive in Berlin and Ocean City. Jet boats exclusively and a superb family run business. But you won't get any "deals" on a new one anywhere, they cost what they cost. Maybe a few throw ins added into the deal but big deal....life vests, cover, and what not. Let someone else eat the depreciation. Especially on a single engine which if you buy new you will lose big time when you decide to sell it after one season.

The moral of the story is dont buy one with a single engine :) heeheh

All great questions, and these guys seem to have answered them all.
The towing vs docking thing is where I'll comment.
Each scenario has its pros and cons. I've docked my Crownie for years and I'm currently towing our 212x. Keep in mind, I live literally within a 1/2 mile from our lake. So right now we drop it in and pull it out every time. Bringing it home allows me to keep it clean and play with it, keep the batteries charged, and loading and unloading is so much easier -( my wife packs like we're steaming to Portugal)
Docking it is convenient, especially if the lake is far. And it's perfect for those after work last minute decision dinner cruises. But for me, it became a hassle.
First of all - the boat was ridiculously filthy - not only was the water line disgusting (Crownie had a white hull), but the interior was also dirty, and the damn gulls would crap all over the cover. Docks had no power, so I was bringing it home once a month anyways to vacuum and clean her. And the amount of crap we hauled back and forth across the docks got old.
So for now - I'm enjoying towing her to and from. But my location plays a lot with my decision.

@octavio3311 i live 2 miles from the boat ramp so it's a thought process of why spend that kind of $$....

There are a lot of spots within 15 mins I can go and launch its pretty cool to live where I am at...just the confidence factor is there with a lift :)

Back