• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trying to summarize myself for 1st time

Betsy Kennedy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Other
Trying to save money this year and summarize myself which everyone says is a piece of cake. The guy who winterized put a note in the boat that says to "check all drain plugs before putting the boat in the water." I know to put the plugs in the back of the boat, but would there be any other drain plugs inside the engine compartment that I have to worry about? Thanks so much!!
1996 Seadoo Challenger
Betsy

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Know the threat.
If you are more likely to take a wave over the bow, open the plugs so water drains to bilge.
If you are more likely to have a hull leak or pump leak, close all the plugs to keep the water out of engine bay and storage areas.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am I missing something here, but when you say summarizing, you are getting it ready for the first time after being stored for the winter? If so, you only have to be sure your battery is hooked up and the drain plugs are in, and you are ready to roll. Gas/Oil/Go. There are no other plugs on that boat other than the ones in the back of the hull. Singles engines usually have two, double engines will usually have one center plug.

If you are getting ready to winterize for storage, that's a different story. Stabilizing the gas, lubing and fogging the engine should all be done on a two stroke like that.

What is it that you want to do?