• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tullytown Cove, PA

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There's a small island with trees, just off the south tip of it is a great sandbar. For years, I went to the east side but the west side is much nicer. You get occasional boat wakes, but the current isn't as strong. You will usually see a bunch of Sea Ray cruisers over there. We call it Sea Ray Beach.

Attachments

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Whats the general consensus about swimming in the Delware. NJ EPA says its not safe from Philly to the Delware state boarder, PA EPA says its only unsafe in the city limits. My wife standard for safe swimming is that it needs enough chlorine to make your eyes red. I have been in the water in that area with the kids a few times but it always worries me a bit. I also ride PWCs all through there with the kids so I guess we have been in the water a lot. However it does give me pause that Philly sewer system will overflow into the Delware after a storm.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I swim in it pretty regularly and look at me, I'm fine🤪
Only time I don't, is after a storm. That's when it's nasty. All the storm drains in Philly and Camden lead to the river. Trash, needles, sewage, etc. Takes a few days to clear up. Most of our swimming is well North of the city anyway though.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I swim in it pretty regularly and look at me, I'm fine🤪
Only time I don't, is after a storm. That's when it's nasty. All the storm drains in Philly and Camden lead to the river. Trash, needles, sewage, etc. Takes a few days to clear up. Most of our swimming is well North of the city anyway though.
Where do you go north of the city?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bordentown Sandbar is my favorite spot. There's also Tullytown Cove and a couple other coves for swimming, and a few places to dock Bristol Wharf has a bunch of restaurants, bars, distilleries and breweries.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This area is a nice place to anchor at too. Pretty long slope before it gets deep, so its easy to drop anchor and then back it up to the shallows. Tullytown Cove is a nice spot too, but lately its been getting kind of obnoxious - had to move my boat twice over the weekend because this ridiculous floatilla trying to hang on with a single anchor kept losing it.

1685036186034.png

1685036330518.png

1685036481978.png

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anyone have advice for a ramp close to the CD Canal on the Jersey side? Looking to do a Chesapeake Inn run but looking to cut the boat ride down a little bit. Im thinking the Salem River?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Anyone have advice for a ramp close to the CD Canal on the Jersey side? Looking to do a Chesapeake Inn run but looking to cut the boat ride down a little bit. Im thinking the Salem River?
There use to be a great ramp that was free and maintained by PSE&G in that area. I used it a few times 8 or so years ago. Its tight and has limited parking but puts you in right near the canal. However someone told me is now closed. I'm not sure its current state but it is on the map still.

IMG_5BD08C4B81BF-1.jpegIMG_484F216B2D1F-1.jpeg

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Has anyone ever used this ramp?

Pennsville Public Boat Ramp, Riviera Dr, Pennsville, NJ 08070

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Never tried it, but if you do please report back! I've been looking for a southern boat ramp to make the trip to C&D shorter.

RiverJetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello All! Been looking around here and found a thread with locations I am familiar with, feels great!

I got my 2019 SX195 2 days ago from Twin City Marine, a dealer in RI, and towed it back home for 5 hours. Nothing but good things to say about that dealership, easy and pleasant experience. Rudy, my sales man and VP of the company gave me an in-depth walk through of the boat which resulted him to stay late on a weekend right before 4th of July. Thanks Rudy!

We already boated on the Schuykill 2 times. I launch at Flat Rock Park, if you are ever there and see a gray/blue SX195, say hello! I might not hear you though, as I should have 3 screaming children with me on most occasions.

Looking forward to taking her on the Delaware and into the city sometime in the near future. Excited to be part of this community and to get a different (boating) experience of Philadelphia.

tempImageKVKwbZ.png

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does not look great on google maps. Would definitely like to hear if anyone else local to area could take a peek before driving over there. Hopefully I'm wrong and that is an offseason picture from years prior and dock is taken out or something. The sun is too southerly to be taken this year.

600m

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does not look great on google maps. Would definitely like to hear if anyone else local to area could take a peek before driving over there. Hopefully I'm wrong and that is an offseason picture from years prior and dock is taken out or something. The sun is too southerly to be taken this year.
That ramp is just down the street from me. I can confirm there are no docks at this ramp any time of the year. I put in at Stanton’s marina on the Salem river.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Just wanted to post an update on this ramp. We tried it out a week or so ago. As mentioned by @600m there is no dock so you are going to get wet launching and pulling out. We went near, but not at, low tide. its not deep around there. Once in the water we went directly to the channel staying 90 degrees from land. It’s about about 3 foot of water for 100 yards or more. At low tide that is going to hit 2 in places.

Would I use this ramp again? I would but only near high tide and if I really wanted to be in that area and already planing on swimming somewhere since you will be getting wet. There many be better marinara ramps around there but I’m not familiar with them yet.

iamtommyboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey RiverJetter! I am nearby was wondering about Flat Rock. I looked at maps, but I don't see where you would park a trailer? What are the depths like there? Areas to watch out for? Can you make it all the way up to Conshohocken? This would be one of the closest places I could get the boat out and would be awesome for some quick fishing or tubing (if possible) after work for a few hours. Thanks in advance!

Hello All! Been looking around here and found a thread with locations I am familiar with, feels great!

I got my 2019 SX195 2 days ago from Twin City Marine, a dealer in RI, and towed it back home for 5 hours. Nothing but good things to say about that dealership, easy and pleasant experience. Rudy, my sales man and VP of the company gave me an in-depth walk through of the boat which resulted him to stay late on a weekend right before 4th of July. Thanks Rudy!

We already boated on the Schuykill 2 times. I launch at Flat Rock Park, if you are ever there and see a gray/blue SX195, say hello! I might not hear you though, as I should have 3 screaming children with me on most occasions.

Looking forward to taking her on the Delaware and into the city sometime in the near future. Excited to be part of this community and to get a different (boating) experience of Philadelphia.

View attachment 203334