• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TV Wake - Modifed parts feedback

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hoping for some feedback now that the final modified parts have been sent out. Anyone get them on and have pics/vids to share from this (4th of July) weekend??

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a short video but no time to post it.

I didn't start my install til the modified deflector plates arrived. I just bought some JB weld marine epoxy in the dual syringe and didn't even bother with the little epoxy packets.

Took my time installing it over 24 hours to let the epoxy cure fully. Had to grind my upstop brackets as I didn't get the new ones.

The steering wasn't noticeably stiffer and I do have relatively new steering cables. I really had no issues at all with the steering and my 20 year old daughter drove for me while I surfed and she had no issues.

The wake is noticeably better. I only ran my 750lb fatsac on the upper swim platform and a 400lb on the surf side cockpit floor. My daughter surfed first and she gave me a look and a thumbs up when the wave settled!

We moved the cockpit bag to the other side for me and I went ropeless in a deeper and longer pocket then we've ever had.

We had 4 people in the boat while one surfed...probably 600lbs of human ballast, half in the bow and the other passenger in the back corner seat surf side. I probably had 3/4 tank of gas and we set perfect pass to 10.5 mph.

Can't wait to get out again!