• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TVW Review <Jet Boat Pilot's - Thrust Vector Wake>

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LMAO, why the hell are you getting all worked up over a product you obviously aren’t buying or care about? Just bored on a Wednesday and deciding to troll a little? Why don’t you go take a break from the internet for a bit, tough guy.
Because I'm addicted to this forum, very good sir.

--

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a PNW dude myself!

Where are you guys located? I'm about an hour south of Seattle in Lake Tapps/Bonney Lake.
Im also in lake stevens!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Portland would be fun. The columbia river has lots of room

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lets definately do this. I would like to meet some of the other guys from the forum. I grew up along the Columbia and always wanted to go out on it in my own boat.
Works for me, their are plenty of boat launches and a restaurant on the river between the I-5 and 205 Bridge. @John Mcpartland could potentially join up as well.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Works for me, their are plenty of boat launches and a restaurant on the river between the I-5 and 205 Bridge. @John Mcpartland could potentially join up as well.
I'm down we could also make a drive and do the snake river. Way less current and better for surfing. Plus you guys can get on a real surf boat 😅🤜🤛 that goes all of prob 35 mph lol

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Post this up in the Gatherings section - I'll keep an eye on it as I'm only in Salem. Might be able to make it too.

Zane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone posted actual pictures of their surf wave with the TVW?
I've been running this since launch. My son can surf, but the wake is pretty messy. It's kind of tempermental too, very minor changes in where people are sitting or ballast makes a big impact on the jet wash. I've tried a few different settings. I'm struggling. I've experimented with everything from 1200 - 3k lbs of ballast.
I can make a monster wave but it more useful for annoying pontoon boats than it is for surfing.
Also I'm getting .5 - .7 mpg at 10.5 mph

Would love some input, or pictures from people

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone posted actual pictures of their surf wave with the TVW?
I've been running this since launch. My son can surf, but the wake is pretty messy. It's kind of tempermental too, very minor changes in where people are sitting or ballast makes a big impact on the jet wash. I've tried a few different settings. I'm struggling. I've experimented with everything from 1200 - 3k lbs of ballast.
I can make a monster wave but it more useful for annoying pontoon boats than it is for surfing.
Also I'm getting .5 - .7 mpg at 10.5 mph

Would love some input, or pictures from people
We shot a video from our last test on a 2015 AR240 which is found here: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=#firstyamaha360&epa=SEARCH_BOX

We had a little mist coming off the opposite side that day so we wanted to test another revision. We have that test on hand and we're hoping to get it done tomorrow if weather permits. After that I am off to the Yamaha dealer meeting and won't be back in until next week so further testing can't resume until I return.

Zane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We shot a video from our last test on a 2015 AR240 which is found here: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=#firstyamaha360&epa=SEARCH_BOX

We had a little mist coming off the opposite side that day so we wanted to test another revision. We have that test on hand and we're hoping to get it done tomorrow if weather permits. After that I am off to the Yamaha dealer meeting and won't be back in until next week so further testing can't resume until I return.
Thanks. That video is extremely bad. I can't really tell how big the wave is. What is the ballast setup?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. That video is extremely bad. I can't really tell how big the wave is. What is the ballast setup?
Sorry, best I had. We had 1200 lbs of steel shot, 600 on the center of the lower swim platform, 400 on the upper platform (surf side) and another 200 on the rear seat (surf side). We had 4 passengers, three of which were about 200 lbs and one was under 100. We did not have any bow weight or center line weight.

We'll try to get more video soon.