• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ultimates on the F S H

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ultimate f s h.jpg ultimate fhs.jpg A quick look at the Ultimate steering installed on the new 19 foot F S H

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice job! Was wondering how you would work around the different setup. Looks great!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is very simple to install , just remove the bolt on the end of the nozzle connecting the rudder , move the rudder out of the way while installing the base stabilizer then just return the rudder to it's original position and reinstall the bolt , then proceed with the fin install as usual. You get all the adjustments and options

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Feedback from a customer using the Ultimates on the F S H

Jeff,

I took my FSH out on the Halifax river this afternoon for about an hour. It was quite windy and I must say I'm pretty impressed with the steering. It takes much less steering input to initiate a turn (much more responsive), a big improvement at all speeds over stock. I also noticed that I no longer need to saw the wheel left and right to maintain a straight track through all of the no wake zones in the Halifax, it tracks like a prop driven boat if not better. I didn't notice any loss of performance with the fins set to your recommended always down position. I think I will keep them set that way.

I'll report back after a few more trips under different conditions.

Rob Bahr

Here is something to think about, if adding the ultimate steering to a 19 foot boat that already has a rudder makes that big of an improvement in handling over the factory steering , imagine the difference it makes when adding it to a 19 foot boat with no rudder!

Last edited: