• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ultra Nautics Jet Star not running

Rick Ingalls

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I have a '91 Jet Star with standard 60 hp Suzuki engine. It starts and runs immediately in my driveway but in the water when there is a load put on it by the water, it will start and idle but giving it any gas it bogs and stalls out unless choked. The highest RPM is only 2000. I have rebuilt the carbs, ran it with two different electric fuel pumps, installed a brand new mechanical fuel pump and in all cases there was good fuel delivery through the glass inline filter but same result. I even drew fuel directly from a gas can to eliminate any problems in the lines or tank. As I said, choking will draw gas into the engine and it will respond. Not sure if some kind of vacuum leak can be the problem. Compression is good and the motor is only about 4 years old. I have done many mods to this boat and it tears me up not being able to use it. Any thoughts on this?