• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ultranautics jet star 1250 innfo

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
yes I have the Suzuki I see the 2 drain/fill holes on passenger side of jet drive the parts book calls for a zert on the drivers side
Roger thanks ill givem a call
also how did you get the gear oil in it? not allot of room maybe 3" im having to bend a flat head screw driver to even get the oil screw off? I also ordered a 3.8 drive tie rod end socket that looks like it may fit to.

update tie rode end socket wont work without allot of modification i bent a flat head screw drive to fit .

Last edited:

CapnDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The 90 hp pump set up is differnt than yours.
On your Suzuki set up I have read else where that some have lifted the engine out to change the gear oil. Engine removal is fairly easy. I would pressure check your drive as its probably been a while since the shaft seals were replaced. You can order the seals by size. Mine were metric. If you lift the engine out you can drop the whole pump assembly which makes it nice to inspect and service.

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
The 90 hp pump set up is differnt than yours.
On your Suzuki set up I have read else where that some have lifted the engine out to change the gear oil. Engine removal is fairly easy. I would pressure check your drive as its probably been a while since the shaft seals were replaced. You can order the seals by size. Mine were metric. If you lift the engine out you can drop the whole pump assembly which makes it nice to inspect and service.
I figured out how to check, fill, and change the oil without pulling the motor at last. after laying under it staring at it. now i have to buy a set of crow foot wrenches to be able to drop the lower unit if need be...

vandammages

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Hi I have a jetstart 1250 with a Suzuki.. where can I can manual? and any assistance on changing the oil? I got it running all ok. but should I remove engine and drive to check the wear ring and the bearing? can I get parts if needed?

vandammages

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Good Day everyone I am looking for some guidance/assitance with my Jetstar 1250.
I believe I have the Suzuki 50HP. My jet drive has the Plate attached to it .

The boat ran pretty well 3 years ago but started to take some water. its been sitting since.
I seem to have narrowed the leak to the Steering Cable Boot. ( where can I get a new one and How do I remove and re-install this? does in install from the inside or is it all external?)

Also, I have taken the jet drive out to replace/check the oil ( any recommendations on oil type?)
Since I am this far into the removal figured I should just replace what I can , but I am new to all this.

I see some play in the shafts ,
I also cannot seem to remove cover on the vertical shaft that goes thought it .... any tips?

Turning the shaft I hear some minor grinding but I am not sure if its a bearing, should I just replace them anyways since I am a this point, removal tips appreciated?

see pics attached for references..

Any help appreciated.IMG-0155.jpgIMG-0156.jpgIMG-0156.jpgIMG-0159.jpgIMG-0154.jpgIMG-0158.jpgIMG-0159.jpgIMG-0160.jpgIMG-0161.jpgIMG-0162.jpgIMG-0163.jpgIMG-0164.jpgIMG-0165.jpgIMG-0152.jpgIMG-0153.jpg

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Good Day everyone I am looking for some guidance/assitance with my Jetstar 1250.

The boat ran pretty well 3 years ago but started to take some water. its been sitting since.
I seem to have narrowed the leak to the Steering Cable Boot. ( where can I get a new one and How do I remove and re-install this? does in install from the inside or is it all external?)

I would try to clean all the crap off of the old boot and see what you have to work with. after taking all the old silicone and paint off i had a real nice boot with no cracks very important, clean the stearing shaft very good and reseal it with high grade marine silicone.if it is cracked you can order a boot. ebay is where i found one for a Harley Davidson motor cycle but wasnt quite the same hole size so i used my old one.but to get as close as you can on the whole size measure the shaft size you have.

Also, I have taken the jet drive out to replace/check the oil ( any recommendations on oil type?)
Since I am this far into the removal figured I should just replace what I can , but I am new to all this.

I found a way to change and check the lower unit gear oil without taking the whole motor assembly out. I found a large head screw driver and heated it so i could bend it to a 45 deg angle and then got a new oil fill pump kit and heated it up and bent it also in a 45. its tight but works for me. the next thing i did is find a alan head drain plug on ebay also. It is coming in the mail now, this will solve the bending the screw driver, just use a allen wrench. You will have to take off the scoop and trim plate of course but way better than pulling the whole motor.Takes me about 30 mins to change the oil now with air tools. the owners manual calls for SAE 90 for the jet pump..i use Pennzoil or mercury for my stuff can find it at walmart. i just got these and havnt put them on yet so not even sure if they fit. if so they will solve the oil fill/drain problem.

Lower Unit Drain Plug Screw Evinrude E-Tec Outboard 18-4255 307551 Allen Head

I also cannot seem to remove cover on the vertical shaft that goes thought it .... any tips?

no idea on this i lucked out my whole engine and jet drive system was brand new NOS.

Turning the shaft I hear some minor grinding but I am not sure if its a bearing, should I just replace them anyways since I am a this point, removal tips appreciated?

being your this far into it take all the bearings out and take them to the parts store and get new ones

FYI....I did have some leaks around the gasket that bolts the engine to the frame, i cleaned it good with carb cleaner and break cleaner and blew it dry with air (top and bottom) and brushed on some liquid seal in the can with a paint brush, (problem solved) no leaks so far with 4 trips out. key here on all of this stuff is clean no grease nothing.

There is only one guy in America that i know of that has any parts for this boat and his name is John at American Jetboard 262 203 3005. you need deeeeeep pockets.John can tell you anything you want to know about this boat he has restored dozens he said.

hope this helps most of the guys on here are long gone but ill try to help if i can. Tom in Georgia

I`ll try to get some pictures of what i did and post them.

Any help appreciated.View attachment 116966View attachment 116967View attachment 116967View attachment 116969View attachment 116978View attachment 116968View attachment 116969View attachment 116970View attachment 116971View attachment 116972View attachment 116973View attachment 116974View attachment 116975View attachment 116976View attachment 116977

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know nothing (and I do mean nothing) about this type of jet. There is your disclaimer.

But I would not imagine that either play or grinding were normal for this type of jet. Usually play is a bad bearing and needs replacing. Grinding the same or a bad gear/gearbox. Either (or both) way, I would fix it for sure while it is all apart.

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Here is some pics of what i did to fill and drain the jet drive oil..

pic 1 and 2 is the oil fill nozzle from a common oil fill pump kit. i heated it with a heat gun and slowly bent it where it will go in the oil hole. just remove the clear fill hose and screw the yellow part into the hole then reconnect the hose.and pump oil in.

pictures 3/4/5 is of a tool i use to take the oil plugs out. it is a ratchet type wrench. no idea where i got it ive had it for 40+ years. it was/is made by General tools. #807 i think they still sell them.

OR you can take a normal flat head and heat it and bend it so you have the room to turn it.

OR buy a allan head screw for the drain/fill holes. (i havnt tried mine yet but here is the link.)

Lower Unit Drain Plug Screw Evinrude E-Tec Outboard 18-4255 307551 Allen Head <-----on ebay

all of these beats pulling the whole unit out and once you have the tools you always have them.

hope this helps

Attachments

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other

Any help appreciated.View attachment 116966View attachment 116967View attachment 116967View attachment 116969View attachment 116978View attachment 116968View attachment 116969View attachment 116970View attachment 116971View attachment 116972View attachment 116973View attachment 116974View attachment 116975View attachment 116976View attachment 116977
in your pic of the bearing side of the nozzle mine doesnt have that, what is it? in the middle a bearing. if so can you see a number. i dont have that at all the parts book doesnt even have that they have a what looks like a copper bushing deep into the shaft hole... im korn fused!

vandammages

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Wow thanks for all the great info.. I will give it a go.. very appreciated Ill be busy this weekend :)

thanks again!

vandammages

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Here is some pics of what i did to fill and drain the jet drive oil..

pic 1 and 2 is the oil fill nozzle from a common oil fill pump kit. i heated it with a heat gun and slowly bent it where it will go in the oil hole. just remove the clear fill hose and screw the yellow part into the hole then reconnect the hose.and pump oil in.

pictures 3/4/5 is of a tool i use to take the oil plugs out. it is a ratchet type wrench. no idea where i got it ive had it for 40+ years. it was/is made by General tools. #807 i think they still sell them.

OR you can take a normal flat head and heat it and bend it so you have the room to turn it.

OR buy a allan head screw for the drain/fill holes. (i havnt tried mine yet but here is the link.)

Lower Unit Drain Plug Screw Evinrude E-Tec Outboard 18-4255 307551 Allen Head <-----on ebay

all of these beats pulling the whole unit out and once you have the tools you always have them.

hope this helps
amazing tool.. will look into that for sure!

vandammages

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
in your pic of the bearing side of the nozzle mine doesnt have that, what is it? in the middle a bearing. if so can you see a number. i dont have that at all the parts book doesnt even have that they have a what looks like a copper bushing deep into the shaft hole... im korn fused!
Hi im not sure what exactly you a referring to.. can you circle the pic item and I will gladly check it out for you

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Hi im not sure what exactly you a referring to.. can you circle the pic item and I will gladly check it out for you

i looked at the parts book. the part is a grease seal. ours doesnt have one so trying to figure out how to make one or if there is another brand of one.

also i am getting a new wear ring and havnt figured out how to take off the old wear ring. ? how did you get yours off?

Joel I

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I'm also looking for a ware ring for 1991 UltraNautics Jet Star Suzuki. Also i have some play in the impeller shaft and found this funny looking worn out cap in the housing. Any body know if parts are available?

Attachments

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I'm also looking for a ware ring for 1991 UltraNautics Jet Star Suzuki. Also i have some play in the impeller shaft and found this funny looking worn out cap in the housing. Any body know if parts are available?
this guy (John) has some parts left but he knows he has them and is the only one who may have them. go ahead and sell your left arm and get a 2nd job. some of the parts are crazy high..

if you need a wear ring there is a guy in MI that is building them from scratch they are awesome. i got one from him and it worked like a champ and was only 150? i think plus shipping way better then the guy in California rebuilding yours for $500. do some research all thats posted on this site.

try American Jetboard at (262) 203-3005 . They own the rights the the JetStar

Joel I

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Have a contact for this guy john?

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
this guy (John) has some parts left but he knows he has them and is the only one who may have them. go ahead and sell your left arm and get a 2nd job. some of the parts are crazy high..

if you need a wear ring there is a guy in MI (JOE) that is building them from scratch they are awesome. i got one from him and it worked like a champ and was only 150? i think plus shipping way better then the guy in California rebuilding yours for $500. do some research all thats posted on this site.

try American Jetboard at John (262) 203-3005 . They own the rights the the JetStar
ok found his number Joe 616-502-5885 he builds the wear ring

Crazygreek86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Does anyone know where I can get an impeller for a 1991 JetStar 1250? And I have a leak coming in at the engine. Any ideas on that as well? Thanks.

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Does anyone know where I can get an impeller for a 1991 JetStar 1250? And I have a leak coming in at the engine. Any ideas on that as well? Thanks.
check around the gasket between the engine and hull. you may find leaks where the ladder bolts to the transom or where the 4 bolt plate where the tow rope goes. you have to take out the better/cooler out to see. the main place they leak is the steering shaft that rubber boot leaks allot for most people.

as far as a impeller look back at some of the forums on the 1250 theres a few people around that has some parts.